Chapter 3

"What would you like?" The bartender looked me up and down, in a perverted way. "Something sweet and fruity?" He smirked.

"Why would you think that?" I asked, clearly not amused. "You think I can't shoot whisky?"

He smiled weirdly and put his hands up in surrender. "Feisty, I like it."

I rolled my eyes and turned to my right, so happened John was sitting right next to me.

He was staring down at his drink with an intense expression, his hand was white around his glass from holding it so tightly.

"Are you okay?" I asked him.

His hazel eyes snapped up to meet mine. "What?"

"Are you okay?" I asked again, motioning to his hand.

"Y-yeah I'm fine." He loosened his grip on the cup, and gave me a small lopsided smile, then looked back down at his drink.

My eyebrows furrowed in confusion. Before I could ask him anything else, the bartender gave me my drink. Except, he didn't give me the one I wanted.

"I didn't order this." I told him, pushing back the pink drink. "I wanted whisky."

"That guy over there ordered it for you." The bartender pointed behind me.

Both John and I turned around to see who it was. The guy was sitting down at a table near by.

He was really hot I'll give him that, but he had such cocky attitude -it was an instant turn off.

He smirked at me and winked, lifting his drink up at me. I gave him a half ass smile.

I pushed the drink back to the bartender. "I don't want it."

"What?" He asked, furrowing his eyebrows in confusion. "It's free."

I shrugged. "I don't except drinks from anyone."

He looked at me like I was crazy, and shrugged his shoulders taking back the drink and dumping it in the trash.

"That wasn't very nice." The guy who bought me the drink said behind me, making me jump from the surprise.

"I don't except drinks from anyone." I told him.

"It's not like I spiked it." He chuckled. "The bartender gave it to you, not me."

"I know." I nodded. "I just didn't wanna give you any hope thinking you had a chance with me. You might wanna pick someone else as your target. I don't play."

I turned around, noticing that I finally got my whisky, and brought it up to my lips, enjoying the burning sensation.

"Aw, don't be like that." I felt the guy place his hand on my back. He started moving it dangerously low.

"Get your hand off me or I'll sue you for sexual harassment. I already told you, I am not interested." I told him sternly.

"Damn." He chuckled, licking his lips. "I like a girl who's feisty."

I groaned. "Go away-"

"Just leave her alone." John spoke up, giving the guy an evil look.

"Or what?" The guy laughed. "Mind your own fucking business."

"Come on, babe." The guy out his hands on my shoulders and whispered in my ear. "I can take you on the ride of your life."

Before I could even say anything, John abruptly stood up, towering over the guy. "Get your hands off of her." He demanded.

I looked up at John, surprised. I had never heard him raise his voice like that.

"What are you?" The guy asked, still having his hands on my shoulders. "Her boyfriend?"

"Yes, I am." John said -I almost choked on air. "Now get your fucking hands off of her." He grabbed the guys' arm forcefully and pulled him away from me.

"You little fucker-" The guy started to say, and I could tell it was going to be a full blown fight, when Jared, Jay, Noah and the bartender got in the middle of the argument and threatened to call the cops on the guy. The guy threw a glass on the floor, shattering it all over and grumbled a few curse words, but left non the less.

"Well, that was... interesting." I said when we were all back where we were.

John chuckled and brought his drink back up to his lips.

"Thanks." I told him.

He gave me a side glance and smiled. "No problem."

I sighed and drank the rest of my whiskey.

"I'm gonna go back." I told John. As much as I wanted to hang out with the guys, that asshole ruined it. Now, all I wanted was to go back, be comfortable, and sleep. "You guys have fun."

"Wait." John grabbed my arm. "Uh, w-why are you leaving?"

I gave him a weak smile. "I just wanna go back, after the chain of events, I kinda feel drained." I shrugged.

"Oh." He took away his hand from my arm.

"Don't get too drunk." I joked. I left some money on the table for my drink and waved goodbye to the guys, telling them I was tired and I was going to go back.

While I was outside of the club, I thought of getting an Uber back, but decided against it. The bus wasn't that far, and I needed the exercise.

I've been walking for about five minutes, when I heard some noise behind me.

I started freaking out, thinking a clown murderer was behind me -been watching too many Criminal Minds episodes. I started regretting my decision of walking back.

I started picking up my pace and tried getting my iPhone out of my purse to call 911 if I needed to, but I was too slow, when someone grabbed my shoulder and I let out shriek.