Chapter 4

"Wait, Tori, it's me." A familiar voice said, putting their hand on my shoulder in a comforting manner.

"Oh, my gosh!" I put my hand on my chest, trying to get my heart beat back to normal. "John, you scared me!! I thought you were a clown murderer!"

He smiled sheepishly. "Sorry."

"Why aren't you at the bar with the guys?" I asked him, once my heart beat slowed down.

"I can't let you go back alone." We began walking again. "What if a clown murderer gets you?"

"I'll kick him in the balls." I told him emotionless, making him laugh.

"Good."

"I can go back by myself." I told him, feeling bad that he's not having fun. "I'm fine."

"I don't mind." He said, putting his hands in his pockets. "Besides, I don't really feel like staying."

I slowly nodded, not really believing him.

"So... Why are you walking back?" He asked.

"I need the exercise." I laughed.

"You don't." He said, not laughing.

"I do." I snapped.

He was take aback by my studded reaction, I could tell.

"Sorry." I said, looking down on the ground. "Kinda a touchy subject for me." I mumbled, walking a little faster then before. Just wanted to get back to the tour bus.

"Hey." John bumped his shoulder with mine, trying to the lighten the mood that I killed.

I gave him a small smile.

"Wanna have have a movie marathon with me?" He suddenly asked. "C-cause you know, I-it might take a while for everyone to get back." He said unsure.

"I'd like that." I smiled wider this time. "I just wanna change first." Motioning to my skirt.

"Yeah, yeah, of course." He smiled.

I walked up to my tour bus and punched in the code. John followed me inside the bus.

"I'll wait for you." He said. "If that's okay." He added quickly.

"That's fine." I giggled lightly. "Make yourself at home." I motioned to the sofa.

He smiled and sat down. I made my way to the back of the bus, where we kept our clothes.

I pulled out some sweat pants and t-shirt. I made my way to the bathroom, so I could quickly change and take off my makeup. I decided to take off my contacts and put my glasses on. I put my hair up in a messy bun, and I was ready. Comfortable and ready.

"Well, I'm ready!" I said, plopping down on the sofa next to him.

He looked at me intently and smiled.

"What?" I asked, furrowing my eyebrows together in confusion. Did I have something on my face? Or did I really look that bad without any makeup?

He chuckled and shook his head. "You look really cute."

I felt my cheeks warm up, and I looked down.

"Thanks." I mumbled shyly.

He coughed a little, and stood up. He stuck out his hand out for me to grab it, and I did. He pulled me up, a little to quickly though, resulting in me landing on his chest.

"S-sorry." I stuttered. Being so close made me nervous.

"That's okay." John said quietly. He kept his large hand tightly gripped around mine -and as cliché as it sounded, our hands fit just right.

We stayed staring at each other for a few long seconds, until my phone rung -scaring us both- signaling I had a text message, and I reluctantly pulled away. 

I could feel my cheeks were on fire, as I checked my phone. I could feel Johns eyes one me, making me more nervous -I was never cool around any guy that I might like, in that way.

"My brother." I chuckled lightly, putting my phone back in my pocket.

"You have a brother?" He asked me.

I nodded. "I have three older brothers."

He whistled. "They must be protective of you."

I rolled my eyes playfully. "Tell me about it."

"You're their princess." He bumped his shoulder with mine playfully.

"I guess." I smiled, looking down.

I followed him out the bus, and a few short minuets later we got to his bus.

"You can go in the back." John told me. "I'm just gonna change."

"Okay." I smiled.

While he went into the bathroom to change. I quickly looked around. For being five guys that lived here, it wasn't that bad. Sure, there were random articles of clothes spread around, but so was our bus -we're not very organized, and by we, I mean mostly me.

I didn't spend too much looking, I didn't want to be nosy. I made my way to the back and sat down on the comfy sofa.

"Okay, so what kind of movie do you want to watch?" John asked me, once he entered the room. Like me, he was wearing a t-shirt, sweats, and glasses.

"Uh, it doesn't matter." I said.

"How about action?" He asked, looking at some DVDs they had in the corner.

"That sounds good."

"Do you like Marvel? Iron Man?" He asked.

"Yes!" I said, a little too quickly.

He turned around and chuckled at me. "Iron Man, it is."

He put the DVD in the slot, and turned on the TV. After a few minutes of trying to get it to work, he gave up and turned off the TV.

"I don't know why it's not working." He said, frowning a bit. "Sorry about that."

"It's okay." I gave him a small smile, not wanting him to feel bad, even though I was really bummed that we couldn't watch a movie together.

"Oh, I know!" He snapped his fingers together. "In my bunk there's a little TV, is it okay if we watch it in there?"

Being so close to John in a bunk? My cheeks burned at the thought.

"Yeah, that's fine." I nodded, swallowing my anxieties. I followed behind him to his bunk.

He let me go in first, the he followed after. He put the DVD in the slot, and lowered the TV screen.

It was quite spacious, but really, not enough for two people. Especially, when one of those people was really tall. But, I didn't mind being so close to him, and I don't think he did either -I hope not anyway. It was his idea.

My whole focus was on the movie, but somewhere along the lines, my vision started becoming blurry, and my eyes started drooping. I didn't want to go to sleep, but I was so tired, I gave into my sleepiness.

Unconsciously, I moved in closer to John, feeling the warmth radiating from his body soothed me. I don't know if it was my dreamy state or not, but I felt a pair of arms wrap around me, pulling me closer. I didn't have time to think about it, when the darkness took over.