Chapter 9

It has been a whole month since school started for Ash and co. During this time, a lot has taken place. Calem and Serena rarely hang out anymore. Ash is always there to comfort Serena when she needs it. Gary and Misty have been ditching the group of friends relatively often for some odd reason, while Paul and Dawn have grown to be extremely close despite their conflicting personalities. May and Drew are always fighting about one thing or another... they never seem to get along.

Nothing special really happened during the first month. Everybody was still studying hard. Ash was still training every single day while Serena was still practicing Rhyhorn racing.

Its a Monday morning and we join Ash and his friends during the start their first lesson.

Serena's POV

I walk into the classroom and see Ash and Gary already in their seats. They seem to be fighting about something. Its too early in the morning, and its Monday so I don't have the strength and willpower and deal with having to stop them right now.

I start walking towards my seat. Ash stopped fighting and looked up towards me.

"Good Morning Serena!" he said while waving at me and giving me a huge smile.

I have gotten very close to Ash and everything about his seems so familiar to me. Its almost as if I have known him for years even though I've only known him for a month now.

I smile back at him and reply.

"Good Morning Ash!"

I went and sat down on my seat. Soon Dawn and the others entered the classroom. Dawn walked over to me, greeted me and sat down next to me.

Eventually, the class started filling up. Finally, Calem and Shauna entered. They were walking together. Even though they weren't talking, they seemed to have content smiles on their faces. This was something I had gotten used to over the past month.

Calem looked at me and smiled. I smiled back at him. Even though Calem and Shauna acted like they were together, I was, and still am, his girlfriend. In any other relationship, that would have meant something, but in this one, it doesn't. We barely even talk. I don't even know what we are doing. I guess its because of the fact that both Calem and I are afraid of change.

"Serena, are you OK?" asked a voice behind me.

I snapped out of my thoughts and realised that my head was drooped and I had a frown on my face. I quickly turned around and saw that it was Ash. My frown immediately transformed into a smile at the sight of him concerned face. I don't like seeing him concerned but that fact the he is concerned about me makes me feel really nice.

"I'm fine Ash, I was just thinking about something."

Ash the smiled back at me. The morning sunlight was lighting Ash's face from the side giving his Auburn eyes an even lighter shade and making them twinkle. His Raven hair turned into a dark Bronze colour under the rays of the sun. He looked absolutely amazing.

I know Ash is a good looking person, but that's not all. Over the past months, I've gotten to know him quite well and what Gary, Dawn and the others said about Ash on the first day was completely true. His personality is amazing and he always seems to put others above himself.

I only realised that I was staring at Ash when Dawn nudged me. I noticed that Ash was staring back at me too. This made my cheeks flare up. I broke eye contact and quickly looked forward and away from Ash. I faced Dawn and she had a knowing smirk on her face. She quickly glanced at Ash and the looked back at me. I knew what she was implying and that made me blush even harder. I gave Dawn and glare and then shifted my gaze towards Prof. Rowan. He was about to start the class.