Chapter 13

It is the day after the incidents that look place in the previous chapter. We join Serena as she is making her way to the cafeteria.

With Serena

As Serena was walking along a small dirt road leading to the cafeteria, she hears a voice behind her.

"Hey, Serena, wait up!"

Serena turns around and immediately grows a smile on her face.

"Oh, hey Alain!" she waves at Alain while smiling at him.

Alain smiles back at her while continuing conversing with her.

"So, where are you heading right now?" asks Alain.

"Oh, to the cafeteria. That's where we always go in the morning to have breakfast." she replies.

"Who do you mean by "we"?" asks Alain.

"Well, most of the time, its just Ash and I who have breakfast there, but, sometimes, the whole group comes along. You know... the people you sat with during lunch yesterday." replies Serena.

Alain was got really interested as soon as Serena had mentioned Ash. So... he decided to investigate further to see what Serena thinks of him.

"So... Ash huh? What do you think of him?" asked Alain.

Serena was caught off guard by the sudden question. She hadn't expected it.

"Wh-What? I-I think he is a n-nice guy! He's r-really helpful, sweet, caring, brave, selfless, and those little Z-marks on his face are so cute and his ey-" 

Serena stopped herself as she had realised what she had just said to Alain. She blushed a deep shade of crimson while Alain just smirked at her. Suddenly, that smirk reminded her of the one Alain gave Ash yesterday and she immediately jumped to the conclusion that Alain and Ash hate each other. Serena shook the blush off and decided to confront Alain about it.

"Why do you guys hate each other?" she asked with a slightly serious tone in her voice. She didn't want her close friend fighting with probably her best friend and someone she likes a lot.

"What!? We don't hate each other... its just a friendly 'banter'" replied Alain.

Serena had a look of skepticism on her face. She was about to voice her concern but Alain beat her to it.

"Anyway, lets get back to the main topic here. So... I see that you have feeling for Ash, right?" he says nonchalantly.

Serena didn't know what to do. She knew it was all true but did she really want to tell Alain about it? 'I mean, what could possible go wrong?' she thought to herself. She trusted Alain as she had known him for 2 whole years so she decided to tell him the truth.

"Y-Yes..." she replied.

Alain had a genuine smile on his face for a while... until it changed into a mischevious one.

"You know... I can help you with this." said Alain.

That immediately caught Serena's interest.

"What do you mean?" asked Serena.

"Well... I have a little plan. I just need you to play along. Are you OK with that?" asks Alain.

Serena was unsure, but she decided to go with it. She trusted the fact that Alain wouldn't do anything that crosses a line.

"Um... ok, sure!" said Serena as they reached the cafeteria.

Serena went to the usual table with Alain following her. The whole group was there today, apart from Ash and Mairin. Serena sat on a char and Alain sat opposite her. Alain texted Mairin to come to the cafeteria and a couple of minutes later. she arrived.