Chapter 18

The first week back has gone by quite quickly.  Ash and Calem have decided to have the battle on Monday of the second week. The news spread like wildfire around KIT. The last encounter was certainly a heated one... and the spectators couldn't get enough. Everybody at the KIT knew about the battle... including Miette. She was just getting ready for Monday.

Ash had been training vigorously. He has already chosen his best six... the same six he used during his very first battle at KIT. He knew that he couldn't afford to lose this battle... or any battle really. Serena has been helping his while boosting his morale and providing his with confidence throughout training. Ash has been appreciating Serena a lot more lately. She has been having a different effect on him... her presence calms his mind, helping him make great decisions during training and battles.

We skip to Saturday, 1 day left before Ash's battle. Ash and Serena are returning to their dorms as Ash has finished his training for the day. We join them as Ash and Serena are standing in front of Serena's door.

No one's POV

"Alright, I'll see you tomorrow Ash. What time are you starting tomorrow?" asks Serena as she fiddles with her keys trying to find the right one for her door.

"Actually Serena, I-I was wondering if we could go s-somewhere tomorrow." replied Ash nervously.

This caught Serena slightly off-guard.

"H-huh? Aren't you training tomorrow? You have a battle on Monday!" replied Serena.

"Nah, I never train the day before a battle. I let my Pokemon rest so that they can be ready physically. I also lets me have some rest too. That way, I can be relaxed for the battle. You know, it just gives the whole team time to be ready." replies Ash.

"And besides, I feel relaxed around you. It will definitely help me during battle." continued Ash.

Serena was astonished by Ash's words. 'He feels relaxed around me? Why?' asked Serena to herself.

Serena had been silent for quite a while and Ash started taking this as a bad sign so he spoke up again.

"I'm sorry Serena. That was quite selfish of me. I'll understand if you want to stay her and b-" he started, however, was immediately cut off by Serena.

"WHAT!? You've been helping me endlessly, this is the least I can do for you. Of course we can go somewhere tomorrow. Where do you want to go though?" asked Serena with a slight blush.

Ash thought for a moment. He replied as soon as he thought of a suitable location.

"How about Coumarine city? The last time I was in Kalos, I didn't get to look around the city properly." replied Ash excitedly.

"Sure, that sounds great!" replied Serena with a smile.

"Alright, see you tomorrow Serena. I'll come knock at your door tomorrow and then we can head out." replied Ash with a grin.

"Alright, good night Ash!" said Serena as she waved at him while slowly shutting her door.

"Good night Serena!" replied Ash as he smiled at her.

As soon as the door closed. Ash turned around and walked up the stairs to him room, with a grin plastered on his face.

~Time skip to Sunday~

It was 11am. Serena and Ash started walking to the nearest Train Station. Serena has had to put on a relatively large straw-hat and sunglasses to disguise herself. As the current Kalos Queen, she did attract quite a lot of attention. Ash, however, was still relatively unknown outside of Alola.