Chapter 13- Hidden

8:41 A.M.

Your eyes flickered open slowly, the light making you flinch. Your whole body ached, unknown bruises were around your waist, wrists, thighs and neck. You leaned forward, looking around the unknown space. The room was something of memory, but you were not able to put your finger on it. Your fingers trailed up your arms, shaking from previous events and the chill in the air. They grazed over plastic that stuck to you, and you gazed down to see bandages covering the small wounds that lingered.

You had no clue of the time, day or place you were currently in, but the sound of booming footsteps broke your concentration. Faint clicks of the hinges in the door sang into your ears making you jump.

"Morning," he mumbled lowly closing the door ever so quietly behind him. You looked at him with a 'what the hell?' Look and scratched your head. You felt pain between your legs, the sharpness being almost too much to bare.

"Why is-"

"I don't think you want to know," Simon shushed your thoughts.

"What happ-"

"You don't want to know," Simon said firmly with guilt in his tone.

"Well-"

"Stop asking," He interrupted again.

"For fuck sake stop interrupting me!" You shouted and you head began to pound. Your hand went under the sheets and you cupped yourself trying to rub the pain away, your idea unfortunately not working.

"What the hell?" You sobbed with your head in your hands. Simon sat next to you on the bed, a caring shoulder nudged you, you sleepily rested your head on him, moaning in pain.

"They had to drug you," Simon mumbled, pain washed over his face. It broke his heart let again to see someone so innocent get hurt, for their life to be destroyed. His sensitive soul couldn't bare all of this much longer. It was only a matter of time before he completely snapped.

"W-Why?" You stuttered quietly. Simon took his time to answer. He was contemplating on answering, his own answer giving him sad thoughts.

"Josh-" he hesitated not wanting to tell you. Simon though it was better if you didn't know, he didn't want to you remember what he had done. That action only being one of many he's done in the past. He knew he had done similar things to you, Simon winced at the thought of it. He regretted it the moment he thought of it. It was either that or death. The others wouldn't tolerate being soft, or sensitive, even truthful.

If the truth got to them about Simon's intentions, everything would be over. Simon would be dead and God knows what would happen to you. You didn't want to know.

It would be a life worse than death.

"Just tell me," you said softly, "please Simon," you begged. "It's better if I know," you pleaded.

"If you trust me you don't want to know," Simon denied.

"Considering what happened last night, why should I?"

Last night. Had you remember?

"What happened last night," Simon's voice faded softly, "was necessary."

You shot your head back confused. Were you talking about the same thing?

"Then why did it happen?" You asked with anger building up inside you. You lifted your head away from his shoulder in frustration, not wanting to be close to him.

"My cover would have been caught," he defended.

"What are you talking about?" Your time rose in confusion.

"I had to let him take you," he began. "I had to let him think I was catching you, not helping you run."

"What are you talking about?" You repeated. When did that happen? Did it happen?

"Last night," Simon stated like it was obvious.

"No, I was in the locked room and then-" you stopped not wanting to recall what happened.

"And then what," Simon urged you to answer.

"H-He..."

"He r-raped me," your voice faded quickly and your eyes began to tear up. The tears blurred your vision, jumping slightly when Simon gingerly wrapped his long arms around you in a hug. He had no idea. He knew Josh would do something... but it was too soon in the routine for him to do that.

"Y/N," Simon mumbled, his voice slightly broke.

"Do you remember what happened before that?" He questioned, his soft side slowly subsiding so be serious.

"I was sleeping," you shrugged like that was obvious.

"No," Simon declined. "No, I was helping you get out of here, Y/N."

Your eyes widened in shock. You couldn't believe his words. You though this could be another one of his tricks.

"No... no, no no," you shook your head not being able to process your own thoughts.
"I won't fall for this again. No, no no no," you repeated standing up and tried to walk away from him.

"Y/N listen!" Simon's voice rose loudly and you turned around quickly, shocked at his sudden aggressiveness.

"I woke you up, and as leading out out to escape. You were sleeping but I woke you up. I woke you up to get you out."

You stayed quiet, not wanting to believe his words but was intrigued anyway.

"I almost got you out of here..." his voice faded, "but Josh came and I had to act like I was catching you run away."

"Josh took you in the car, leaving me on the street to walk back here."

"I don't remember that," you shook our head in disbelief. "Stop lying to me!" You shouted with anger and confusion.

"I'm not lying!" He shouted back.

"Stop it!" You yelled clenching your fists.

"I'm not lying," Simon said lowering his tone.

"I said stop!" You yelled again and began hitting his tall, strong chest.

You continued to hit him, your muscles that lingered drugs not effecting him.

When you came down from your tantrum, Simon grabbed your chin lightly so you looked at him in the eyes.

"I'm not lying," he stated again as you stared back.

You saw the sparkle in his eyes, his expression, the expressionless truth.

"Then why?" You asked in a small voice, Simon's hand still holding you to look him in the eye.

"It's my fault," Simon said softly.

"Acting like you were running away was my idea," he stated in a plain tone.

"That's why Josh punished you."

~~~
Things sure are spinning up! The tension between these two are actually killing me, and I'm writing this!
Anyway, I would love to read your opinions! What do you predict will happen next?
~~~
1095 words