Roadtrip

"Why are you going so fast, mommy?" Miracle asked as I grabbed our emergency, pre-packed bags in a rush. Maybe they are weak enough and everyone will be safe and we don't have to leave—

'They're towards the pack house! Get out of there now and get as far away as possible!' I winced and grabbed the two boxes under the bed that meant more to me than the house we were standing in.

'I don't want anyone to get hurt because of me. I don't want to leave you all! How do I know if you're safe if I leave?!' I argued back at them. I sensed that the rogues were, if fact, heading straight for the pack house and my little Miracle.

'We'll get in touch somehow. Now, please leave! Take Miracle and go! If anything happens to you... Just get away.' The connection was cut. The Alpha of the Starlight pack, my friend, my family since I first ran away, just cut our bond.

'Michaelson! You son of a bitch! Answer me!' It couldn't be true. He can't do this. Not now, not ever. I won't allow it! But, damn it he was right. We needed to leave and find safety before I can even think about helping them.

"We need to go, Miracle. Now, I need you to run to our car and get inside. Here are the keys. You get inside, lock the doors behind you, and start it. Then, get into your seat and wait for me baby. You understand?" She nodded her little blonde head, knowing that I wasn't playing around and the situation was serious.

"Yes, Mommy," then she turned around and headed for the door to our room where she stopped and looked back at me struggling to catch my breaths, "The people that are after us are here, aren't they Mommy?"

Tears filled my eyes instantly. "Yes, baby. There are people after us here. We need to get out of here right now to protect the others. Go do as I say and I'll check and see if everyone's OK before we leave. We have to hurry though."

She nodded her head again and sped down the stair to the garage door while I followed her quickly.

'Marianna! Jed! What's happening?!' I asked them through the pack mind link.

'You need to leave now!' and 'What the hell are you still doing here?' were my replies.

'I need to know what roads aren't block off or if we could be ambushed. Michaelson cut our connection.'

There was a bang near the front door and I sensed the rouge behind it wasn't very powerful and can't break down the door without help thanks to the barricade. He kept trying though as I loaded the stuff in the back of our Acura MDX. My super trustworthy, awesome car.

'I'm sure he's fine. Go to the east then loop around to the dirt road in the woods and keep going no matter what. Do you understand me? DO NOT COME BACK! We'll get in touch somehow, Celeste. I promise,' Marianna said unconvincingly.

I didn't bother to reply as I got in the car and we made our way through the forest at very unsafe speeds. I saw the fighting and the bloodshed all because of us.

"Mommy... What's happening to the wolves? Why are they playing so mean?" Miracle said in the backseat hugging her teddy bear and blanket tightly to her innocently.

"They aren't playing baby. They're fighting. Some of them are fighting for us, but we have to get out of here really fast. Put your head down and try to sleep, ok? We're going on another road trip," I said squeezing my eyes shut when a headache started coming on from me holding back tears.

"OK. Goodnight, Mommy. We'll be ok Mommy," she said before she shut her eyes and started to drift off. It was dark and I was unable to really see much of the road until the trees cleared out and I noticed we were almost at the turnoff for the highway.

That's when I felt it. All the bonds were separating from me. The pack mark on my arm was starting to fade. It was happening all over again. The pain came back tenfold and I swerved the car accidentally. I was almost there and the pain intensified with every inch I slowly left the pack line.

Just a little further. For Miracle, Michaelson, Marianna, and Jed... You can do this. Ignore the pain for just a few more miles... I felt us reach another pack line and sucked in a breath as the pain stunned me for a millisecond, but that's all it took to not be able to hit the brakes when I saw the giant, brown wolf guarding the road.

p