Crashed

The wolf didn't seem to sense us either, as it continued to move as if there wasn't a speeding metal contraption forcing its way through the dark.

I finally seemed to come to my senses and pressed on the brakes and jerked the steering wheel hard to the left. But it seemed like we were going to crash anyways so I tried to swerve the car around the wolf through the haze of pain in my mind.

We were going to die and the tears started falling when I had another thought. I thought we were going to being free. I thought we could be safe and let my guard down. It seems that will never be the case though. The Moon Goddess has other, bigger plans in mind for us. And the wolf, who seemed to be mentally communicating with someone and didn't notice the world around him, suddenly jumped out of the way.

It didn't help me any though because as soon as I knew we weren't going to hit the wolf, a tree popped into view and it was on Miracle's side of the car. My brakes weren't working like they should, but I couldn't think about that now. When I saw my little Miracle sleeping away the fear of death, I finally got the nerve to act.

I threw my seatbelt off with my inhuman speed and covered her fragile body with mine. Then everything went dark when we crashed.