Promises, Promises

After Sam left and I made Miracle pinky swear to me that she wouldn't leave the room no matter what, I took advantage of the empty pack house to see what was happening and gather some supplies.

It was still scary how every time I feel safe for just one moment, he easily takes that away from me with a snap of his fingers. Apparently also a snap of a poor man's neck according to what I eavesdropped from two guards watching the pack house entrance.

I can mourn later for the man and his family when we get out of here so everyone else in this pack is safe. As soon as we get on the road, Miracle and I won't have the opportunity to stop and rest, even if we get hurt by his pack. We can't put anyone else in danger by accepting their kindness. It'll only get more people hurt in the end.

When I finally scouted out how many people were left in the pack house (six, two guarding the front and back entrances and one on the sides of the house), I slipped into the kitchen and gathered a backpack full of water bottles and another full of non-perishable foods.

This is not stealing. I am borrowing until I can repay them back.

Then I tried to remember the way to the garage Sam showed me when she gave me a tour of the place. She was so happy to show me her home... Had even called it my home...

I shook my head and noticed I had stupidly came to a stop right between a window and the door to the garage.

Way to get yourself found out, you idiot- My thoughts were cut short as I saw motion in the trees beyond the window. I froze once I caught the eyes of a midnight black wolf hiding in the shadows. As far as I could tell, it was a male wolf since no woman wolf had such a large wolf that is pure black in its pack.

He looked down, right below me and then met my eyes again. I followed his gaze, expecting the guard on this side of the house would either see me or the wolf in the shadows but found a sight that made me light headed and sick to my stomach.

Blood was splattered against the side of the house and the insides of a limp wolf was all I could see. I snapped my gaze back to the wolf in the woods to find him standing directly in the sunlight, lazily licking his bloodied paw. He tilted his head at me curiously and then turned towards the woods. He looked over its shoulder and nodded his black head at me before leaping back into the dense trees.

He wanted me to follow him.

He was going to lead me into a trap.

Zachary hasn't learned a thing since we met apparently.

If we get lead into a trap, I have the skills to murder every last one of them in a blink of an eye to a normal werewolf. I am going to kill every last one of the wolves determined to capture my baby and I. I'll remember to be extra hard on the black wolf who just killed the guard. He's going to suffer. They deserve it after the lives they've destroyed.

And so we shall fight. Hell hath no fury than a woman scorned, Heaven agreed in my head.

I found myself plotting on what exactly what we were going to do as I finally found my awesome car in the giant garage, newly fixed and looking shiny new.

Remind me to thank them for that later, I quipped sarcastically in my head. It's ok to joke in situations like this. I can't freeze up and freak out over the bloodied body no one has noticed right outside. Or the murderer that had almost jumped lazily away from the scene of the crime.

I stowed away the bags filled with my stash from the kitchen and started the car since the guards wouldn't hear the engine from outside the garage.