Explaining Myself

Kudos to,  a wonderful motivational person! Please check her out and know that her suggestions brought on this next chapter.

Celeste's POV:

As I held his hand, I got even more nervous. I don't know what I did to deserve another mate, and Goddess knows I still haven't gotten over him, so why?

I was rejected by my first and what I thought was my only mate. I obviously wasn't good enough for him, so why would I be good enough for someone who was obviously better than him? What game was the Moon Goddess playing with me? Haven't we suffered enough?

You know as well as me that we cannot question the Goddess's wishes. If she deemed us worthy of a second chance mate, who are we to complain? Heaven thought to me rather abruptly.

I can't be hurt again like last time. I never what to feel that pain again. We can't let him convince us to stay. We need to leave the first chance that we can get. I won't put this pack through what the Starlight Pack must have.

She didn't answer me after that. I hated not giving this guy a chance, he seemed so wonderful, but I knew it was the mate bond doing all the work. I needed to keep my mask on and leave with Miracle as soon as I could.

"You've been really quiet," he spoke, breaking my heart-shattering thoughts.

"I'm sorry, I was just thinking about everything that's happened," I whispered. The tingles running up and down my arm weren't helping me think about what I needed to do to get out of here. I pulled away from him and instead looked around at where we were.

In my distracted haze, he led me to a small gazebo on a cliff protruding out towards the forest. The gazebo was classic white and had two benches in it. The sun was still rising and cast a magical glow on the valley below us while the sunshine lit up the mist hanging in the trees and the river separating two pack lands. Since we were above all this, I could also see the river letting out in a vast ocean beyond the tree line. It was a fantastic view I could stare at all day.

I looked at him admiring the view as well, and felt all the warmth of being with my mate rush through me. He looked so handsome in the early morning light flashing against his black hair and the stubble on his chin was very sexy. His blue eyes met mine after a while, and surprisingly, I didn't want to look away. He looked so relaxed compared to talking about stress-induced headache related topics. I can look at this view all day too.

"This is for special occasions for the pack to be at. We celebrate from the pack house to here. I figured that we needed to talk about everything... the crash, and Miracle, and... Us, without any interruptions," he rushed out quickly. He looked just as nervous as me, which is saying something considering what I've been through when alone with people I wasn't so sure about.

"It's beautiful..." I shook my head. Stay focused. "We can start with the accident then," I agreed, sitting down on the soft grass in front of the gazebo instead of going inside. It was too pretty to be bothered.

Heaven was having trouble with her feelings with this new mate nonsense, as well. At least she got along famously with his other side. His wolf, Mason, and Heaven both loved each other, while I could never feel comfortable with him.

You know I don't blame you. Mason may have acted differently with me, but they are both the same being and both felt the same way about us. Never truly trusting and never truly loving. The only reason I can't help but think about him all the time is because when you shut down, I got all those emotions you tried getting rid of, Heaven admitted, surprising me.