Chapter Two

EDITED

"Of course you're still team captain

"Of course you're still team captain." Isabelle stated, walking with her brother and friend to the lacrosse field. Isabelle loved watching her boys play, even if they weren't always the best.
"You got your grades up just like Coach told you to, right?" Stiles asked.
"Yeah, but he never told me I was back on the team. He just told me to show up at tryouts today." Scott said.
"We got bigger things to worry about anyways. Did you tell Argent yet?" Stiles questioned.
"Uh. I texted him but he didn't get back to me." Scott frowned, the three stopped walking.
"You told him his sister, Kate, came back from the dead over text?" Stiles asked, sceptially making Isabelle look at her brother.
"I didn't have the money to call France." Scott responded, trying to justify himself.
"It's better than a twitter post." Isabelle commented with a shrug. She wished she and her brother could've told Chris about his sister but their funds had been tight. Isabelle knew her mother was struggling to keep up with the bills, she tried her hardest to slip any cash she could gather and hide it in unsuspecting places she knew her mother would look.
"Yeah, you think you've got money problems? Try paying for an MRI and a visit to Eichen house." Stiles spoke.
"Another notice?" Isabelle asked, sincerely worried for her friend and his family n
"Yeah, this one said, "Final." Now, what the hell are we even doing here anyway? We got like a 117 million problems and worrying about our status on the lacrosse team is not one of them." Stiles ranted.
"It is now." Scott said, making Isabelle and Stiles turn to the field. They looked at the boy at the net, him not missing a single ball flying towards him by Garret and some sophomore, much to Isabelle's amazement.
She had remembered the days before Scott was bit. How her brother loved the game but couldn't keep up with it, due to his Asthma and terrible coordination. She smirked to herself, remembering the multiple times she had watched him get hit in the face by the ball.
"Who the hell is that?" Stiles asks, as if the boy heard him, he lifted his helmet, again to Isabelle's amazement.
"Who the hell is that?" Isabelle questions herself, making Stiles look at her like she was insane. She shrugged her shoulders, "I like pretty things and he sure is one."
"Okay maybe we should practice just a little bit." Stiles said, in almost a whimper.

Isabelle sat on the bleachers with her history textbook sitting on her lap, waiting for Scott and Stiles to return from the locker room. Mason had been waiting for Liam to get out of practice so they could walk together.
When Mason finally spotted Liam, who was putting some stuff into his backpack he walked straight to him.
"Hey." Mason said.
"Hey." Liam greeted, nodding his head to greet him.  The two boys stood and talked more. Liam was still learning the ways of Beacon Hills but Mason was still impressed with how well Liam had been doing in such a short amount of time.
Mason ranted on, however Liam wasn't paying attention.
"So Garrett still has my hoodie, can you believe that. It's been like four mon-"
"Who is that?" Liam cuts off, pointing to a girl on the bleachers who was bouncing her pen against the book rabidly.
"That's Isabelle McCall." Mason replied with a sigh, realizing his friend wasn't paying any attention to him.
"I think I'm in love with her." Liam says, looking from the mutual friend to the girl, she was still tapping her pen against the book, her eyebrows scrunched together. Liam knew he would let this girl murder him if she wanted to. If this is the last face he ever saw, at least it's a beautiful one.
"You just saw her like thirty seconds ago." Mason snorted, his eyebrows raised in amusement.
"Best thirty seconds of my life."
"Liam, she's one of my best friends, I think I'm her only friend in our grade. Her brother, your team captain, by the way, and his friends are super protective, and again, you just saw her. Now, I'm a hopeless romantic, I'll admit, you've got no shot." Mason said, shaking his head a little.
Liam watched her as she got up and greeted the two boys that interrogated him in the locker room and internally groaned.
"Who are they?"
"Scott McCall, her brother, and Stiles Stilinski, his best friend, who's basically like her brother."
"Well, I'm screwed." Liam muttered, remembering the strange conversation he had with the two older boys. How they interrogated the poor freshman. All Liam wanted was to get on the team and maybe get the girl.