Chapter Nine

Isabelle and Liam sat on the couch of the McCall home, waiting for Scott to come from upstairs.
"Kira found Brett. They're fine but we've got to go." Scott said, hanging Liam a helmet.
"More assassin's?" Liam asked, following Scott.
"Maybe a lot more." Scott replied.
"Different than the ones that just tried to set you guys on fire?" Isabelle asked.
"I think so, yeah." Scott said, opening the door and glancing at Liam who put the helmet down on the table. "How about I take you home?"
"I'm not like you." Liam said.
"Not yet." Scott replied.
"I don't mean I'm not strong or I'm never gonna learn how to be in control. I mean everything else. You and your friends try to protect everyone. Have you been whole this the whole time? I mean, how are you all still alive?" Liam ranted.
"Not all of us are." Isabelle whispered, looking at her brother who looked back at her sadly.
"Let me at least take you home." Scott said, holding the helmet up Liam to accept.
Liam accepted the helmet and followed Scott out the door.

Isabelle sat in her room, trying to focus on reading the book in her hands, 'Fangirl' by Rainbow Rowell, one of her favorites. She sighed and closed her book, coming to the conclusion that she wouldn't be able to read for the night. She grabbed her phone and checked for any notifications, she sighed again when she didn't see any. She had been trying her hardest to distract herself from Liam, she'd been trying to keep her distances since the bonfire, since they weren't in an actual relationship. Isabelle thought of calling Mason, her only semi-normal friend she had left, but realized that he had to spend the day and night with his family.
Isabelle sat in silence, looking around her room for something to do. She hated majority of the television shows on, with an exception of Supernatural, The Flash, and some other shows like Parks and Recreation or Gilmore Girls.
She sighed once more and got off of her bed. She thought about calling Liam, seeing if he were up to anything since he didn't join Scott and Kira. She thought about sending him a text, maybe a meme, just to start an interesting conversation. She thought about creating a mass group chat between the pack and obviously including him so she wouldn't seem needy. But Isabelle didn't text or call Liam, as much as she wanted to. Instead, Isabelle made put her shoes and jacket on and made his way out the door, she realized that she didn't care if she seemed needy to him.

Isabelle walked up to the door of the now familiar house, knocking on the door.
"Isabelle?" Liam asked once he opened the door and saw the girl.
"Can I come in?... I think we need to talk."
"Yeah. Yeah of course." Liam respond, moving aside to let the girl in.
"Is everything okay? Is scott okay? Are you okay? Mason? St-"
"Everyone's fine, I just..." Isabelle sighed. "I just need to know what's happening."
"What do you mean?"
"With... us...?" Isabelle questioned.
"Oh... well... uh."
"You don't like me... do you?"
"Isabelle, I like you but."
"But not like that?"
"Izzy that's n-"
"This was actually a mistake. I'm sorry. I shouldn't have came, it was a complete mistake. I just wanted to know but I probably should have known the answer already. So... uh... see you in school...or if you join the pack if they need both of us... um... yeah. Goodnight." Isabelle ranted, running out the door, she was embarrassed.

If it was one thing Isabelle hated, it was making a fool of herself, she believed she had a bad-ass exterior, that she was superior, one of the many reasons she didn't have many friends. People were afraid of her, not just because of her personality but also because of her resting bitch face, which made her look unfazed by most things. But Isabelle wasn't that big of a bitch, she was just always tired, could anyone blame her?

Liam knew he could have gone after her, he was faster than her. However, Liam stayed in place, not knowing what just happened, if he were to be honest.
He liked Isabelle, he liked her alot, he was just afraid something would happen if he were to act on his feelings, not to mention he had a plan to make her be his. He wanted Scott's acceptance and he wanted to get better at controlling himself, for his sake and Isabelle's.

Isabelle walked to the hospital in hopes to find Stiles there, since he texted her well over an hour ago that he had a concussion.
"Isabelle? Baby, are you alright?" Melissa asked at the sight of her daughter with tears in her eyes.
"Is Stiles still here? I need to talk to Stiles!" The girl exclaimed.
"Isabelle, what,"
"Mom, please, I need Stiles."
Melissa nodded at her begging daughter, showing her the way to the room where the nurse had locked Stiles and Malia in. Melissa unlocked the door and let her daughter in.
"Isabelle?" Malia and Stiles asked at the same time, Stiles rushing closer to the teary-eyed girl.
"I need brotherly advice from someone who isn't a supernatural being." Isabelle mumbled, looking at Stiles.
Stiles looked at Malia who nodded, "I'll be outside..." Malia spoke.
"What's up kid?" Stiles asked, making the girl chuckle at the nickname.
"I like Liam, I don't really want to admit it but since I need you I kind of have to. I like him. A lot. I can't get my mind off of him, he's everywhere. Tonight, I went to his house, I needed answers. I mean, we've kissed a couple of times but I don't know if that's all it is, just kidding. I asked him what was happening. He said he liked me but there was a but. So I ranted and walked out. He doesn't like me Stiles, not like I like him, anyways. Stiles, this is the first guy I've liked like this. Besides Isaac but Isaac was a seventh grade stupid crush because he was cute. I've never actually liked anyone like I like Liam." The girl ranted, causing her to get more emotional than she already was. The older boy pulled her into a hug.
"Hey, calm down," Stiles hushed, rubbing her back, "he'd be crazy not to like you, Iz, you're Isabelle McCall, you could have any boy at your side in a heartbeat. Now, I'm not so experienced in relationships or feelings but I think he likes you, he probably just wanted to say it in his own way. And if he doesn't like you, well, screw that little mutt!"
Isabelle laughed again at Stiles, he was her brother, family doesn't end in blood and this was a prime example of it. Stiles kissed the top of the girl's head and continued to rub her back.
"Thank you." Isabelle whispered, calming down.
"Anything for you, kid." Stiles smiled. "Now, let's go."

"Listen to me. Please listen. There's something i have to do, something I have to stop." Isabelle, Malia, and Stiles heard over the radio. Stiles reached up to turn the volume of it up.
"I have to take you back to Eichen, Lorraine." The group heard Brunksi say.
"No. No. I don't think you're gonna be taking me anywhere. I can hear the recorder in your pocket. It's on now, isn't it? You're making a tape, just like you taped the others." Lorraine spoke.
"This didn't happen at Eichen House." Stiles said, stopping the tape.
"But then where did she go?" Malia asked.
"That's what we need to find out." isabelle said.

"It's the record player." Malia stated.
"What record player?" Stiles asked as Malia stood up.
"The one in the lake house, in the study." Malia said.
"So she escaped from Eichen House to go back to listen to a record player?" Stiles asked, confused as to where malia was going with any of this.
"well , she was like Lydia, right? She was a Banshee?" Malia asked.
"I mean, technically..." Isabelle said.
"Yeah, but only once. She predicted Maddy's death and then spent decades trying to predict something else." Stiles explained.
"Maybe she finally did. And what if this time, it wasn't just one death, it was a lot of deaths?"
"Like a dead pool." Isabelle and Stiles said at the same time.
"What if years ago, Lorraine predicted it? And she knew there was something in the study that could stop it?"
"Then we're going to the lake house." Stiles grabbed his keys.
"nuh -uh. You two are going to the lake house, I was up all night, i need sleep." Isabelle said, walking out of Stiles' room and making her way home.

Isabelle was woken up by Scott.
"What?" Isabelle groaned.
"Meredith and Peter teamed up with each other, Stiles and Malia stopped the deadpool, and mom said you showed up to the hospital, crying."
"It's nothing, Scott."
"Isabelle,"
"Scott , please."

Yikes, trouble among our otp, but on the bright side, Isabelle and Stiles are brotp, this story sucks ass, i apologize deeply for that.