Chapter Five

EDITED

The players of the lacrosse team whistled as Isabelle entered the locker room, Liam by her side

The players of the lacrosse team whistled as Isabelle entered the locker room, Liam by her side. She grabbed onto Liam's hand, noticing it was clenched into a fist before she did. Liam was shocked that even with all the different smells of a high school boys locker room the scent of Isabelle seemed to overpower it all. She smelt like lavender and brown sugar, he had never felt so at peace than he did when he was by her. "Guys, back off." Coach begins, the team circling around him. "You can get your gear tomorrow. If anybody sees Garrett, you notify the police. Then, tell him he's off the damn team." Coach said while Isabelle and Liam kept walking. They stopped at the corner and poked their heads out.
"Dad, really, I'm okay." They heard Scott say.
"I should've been here. And I said I would be at the games." The older male said, making Isabelle frown.
"Well, I mean, this was just a preseason scrimmage. I didn't even tell you about it." Scott said.
"But I promised your mom I'd be around so she could pick up some double shifts at the hospital. I should've been here."
"You're here now."
Isabelle looked behind Scott to see Violet in handcuffs next to Parrish and in front of the sheriff.
Scott turned around after hearing Violet mention the deputy's name and glared as her and the deputy kept walking. She smirked at the alpha, and then looked at his sister to do the same.
"Sheriff, what is that? Is that the weapon?" Agent McCall asked.
"Yeah." The Sheriff sighed. "It's a thermo-cut wire." Stilinski answered, showing the bag. The two older men walked away as Isabelle and Liam turned the corner and met Scott. The second they got close enough Isabelle dropped Liam's hand and hugged her brother.
"Where's Kira?" Scott asked, holding on to his sister.
"She took off." Isabelle stated.
"Stiles told her about Lydia cracking the second part of the dead pool." Liam finished.
"Her mom's on it."
"Everyone's on it." Liam answered.
"You're not."
"Not yet. There's still another third, right?" Liam questioned.
Scott zoned out, Liam following his lead as the both listened to the law enforcements talking to Violet.
"Stupid werewolves with their stupid werewolf hearing." Isabelle muttered, knowing they could hear her dad and the sheriff talking. "Always hated that bitch." She mumbled again, referring to Violet.
Scott and Liam looked at each other, making Isabelle sigh. "I hate you both."

Isabelle had once again found herself in the locker room with Liam and Scott. Scott was opening Garrett's locker and the two freshmen kept guard.
"I think someone's coming." Liam rushed, turning to the older bot. "Hurry." Scott unzipped a red duffle bag, Isabelle looked in his direction. "You find anything?" Liam asked.
Scott hesitated for a moment, "No. nothing." he replied, though Isabelle knew he was lying. She didn't need werewolf senses to know it.

Isabelle laid on Scott's bed, looking up at the ceiling as Scott could hear what his mother was saying over the phone from down stairs.
"What's she saying?" Isabelle whispered, fidgeting with the loose string of his comforter. She sat up to look at her brother when it hit him.
It was times like this where Scott's heart broke for his sister. Knowing she wasn't as tough as she liked to believe, she was all talk most of the time. She hadn't left him since what happened at the scrimmage, she knew something was wrong with her family. Scott knew it was his duty to protect his sister, because she always came first to him. But he couldn't lie about what he was hearing, she would find out on her own.
"Mom's begging to have the power turned back on, for a few hours at least." Scott whispered back, he looked down to where he had stored the bag of money he found in Garrett's locker as Isabelle sighed.
Sometimes Scott had to remind himself that his sister is just a kid at the end of the day, she deserved to live her life like the kids her age were supposed to.
"Sometimes I hide money for mom to find." She admitted. Scott looked at her, his eyes soft.
"She knows."
"She does?"
"Of course she does." Scott spoke, "She didn't for a while but she was finding cash so often she realized something was off."
"I thought I was being so slick."