Chapter Eight

Isabelle watched as Derek inspected Parrish.
"He covered you in gasoline?" Derek asked, referring to one of the other deputies that Jordan Parrish took out after he tried to kill him.
"It's the skin and nails, isn't it? The parts of the body that are essentially dead." Lydia said.
"Well they should be gone." Derek said to Lydia.
"I was set on fire, all of me should be gone." Jordan said.
"Not if you're like us." Scott spoke.
"Like you?" Jordan asked.
"I don't think he's like us." Derek said.
"Then what is he?" Isabelle asked.
"Sorry, but I have no idea." Derek said, looking at the younger girl.
"But you knew about Jackson and Kira." Isabelle said, crossing her arms.
"This is a little out of my experience. There might be something in the bestiary. Did you try Argent?" Derek said.
"I don't know where he is..." Scott said.
"Okay, hold on. What's a bestiary? Actually, that's not even my first question. Just... Just tell me one thing. Are all of you like Lydia? Are you all psychic?" Jordan ranted.
"Psychic?" Derek asked, trying to hide his amusement.
"Not exactly." Scott said.
"Okay, then what are you?" Jordan asked, Scott and Derek looked at each other, Derek gave the alpha a shrug. Scott turned to Jordan and flashed his eyes at him.

"What's a Kanima?" Jordan asked, making Isabelle and Lydia look at each other.
"We'll get back to that. Just know that everyone like us, everyone with some kind of supernatural ability is on the deadpool." Scott said.
"But I don't even know what I am." Jordan said.
"I'm pretty sure they don't care." Isabelle said.
"How many professional assassins are we talking about?"
"We're starting to lose count." Lydia sighed.
"But is it still just professionals?" Scott asked, making Isabelle looked at him with an arched eyebrow.
"I don't think Haigh's ever tried anything like this. I think he was taking a chance." Parrish said.
"That means anyone with the deadpool can take a chance." Derek said.
"But if Haigh had it, then who else does?" Parrish asked.
"Yeah, another question," Isabelle spoke, raising her hand, "how easy is it to get this thing now?"

Liam lied in his bed, looking up at the ceiling. He wasn't able to sleep, who knew after only spending a night with Isabelle McCall in his arms could get him to never want to sleep alone again. He liked the way she felt in his arms, smaller than him, warm, comforting. Liam thought of a million and one ways to ask Isabelle out, all ending in him getting murdered by her brother and the rest of the pack. Liam sighed and turned over, looking at the empty side on the bed, closing his eyes as he tried to get into a somewhat comfortable position.
The printer started to go off, causing Liam to sit up and slowly get out of bed. Papers continued to fly out of the printer. Liam picked up one of the papers off of his floor and looked at it, it was the deadpool, however, some names were crossed off. The boy started to breath heavily, obviously scared. He stood up and tried to turn the printer off, he eventually just unplugged it.

Isabelle laid on the couch in Derek's loft, barely paying attention to a thing anyone was saying. That was a habit of hers, not always paying attention, she could obviously hear what everyone was saying, she was just unable to comprehend any of it. Isabelle closed her eyes as Lydia told a story of her grandmother. Meredith's name captured Isabelle's attention. Despite being barely friends with her, Isabelle was fond of Meredith, especially when she dissed Stiles. Isabelle felt a pang in her chest when she heard Lydia say that she drove Meredith to suicide. She knew that wasn't all true.

Liam walked into Beacon Hills High School, still shook from the printer event. Liam looked at every passing face in the hallway, being released from his daydream by Mason.
"Liam! Hey, am I going to see you at the bonfire tonight?" Mason greeted.
"Uh," Liam began and shook his head, "I'm thinking about skipping it."
"You're not skipping it." Mason said.
"Why not?" Liam questioned.
"Because you're on the lacrosse team, don't you have to go?"
"I don't. Uh... I...I don't think I can make it."
"You're coming. And we're gonna find you a nice girl, preferably my other best friend, that you can embarrass yourself in front of and find me a lacrosse player. Because statistically speaking, someone on your team has gotta be on my team. Okay? Liam?"
"Okay, I'll be there"