Chapter Sixteen

Isabelle and Liam walked into school holding hands, their fingers intertwined with each other as they spoke.

"So, Scott wants Theo to read that book Malia was talking about?" Liam asked, stopping at the girl's locker.

The girl gave a nod as she released his hand from hers to put in her combination. Liam leaned against the locker next to hers and looked at her. "Yeah," she said, getting her locker open. "I don't know why he's trusting him, really. I agree with Stiles."

"Babe, when don't you agree with Stiles?" Liam chuckled.

Isabelle smiled as she reached for her books. "When he's being a dick to you," she replied, leaning in closer to him.

He smiled at her and kissed her softly. "That's my girl."

"Little McCall, Dunbar, enough of this mushy crap," they heard Coach say. "Don't you two have classes?"
"Yes, Coach," Liam replied, taking the girl's hand after she closed her locker.

The young couple sat on the couch in the McCall household. Scott, Kira, Lydia, and Stiles had made a trip to Eichen house to see someone. They were on their seventh episode of Bob's Burgers.

"I'm not sure if I'm Louise or Tina," Isabelle said.

Liam chuckled, "You're definitely both."

"Yeah, well, I think you're Ollie," She replied.

Liam tsked in reply. "I'm totally Jimmy Junior," he replied.

"Why, 'cause you've got a nice butt?" Isabelle joked.

"As a matter of fact, yes."

"Yeah, you're probably right. We all know Scott and Stiles are Andy and Ollie," Isabelle replied in amusement.

"I think Mason is Teddy," Liam said, pointing to the character.

Isabelle had released a laugh, making the boy turn to her and smile. God, did he love that laugh. "You know I love you, right?" He asked.

Isabelle smiled. "Yeah, I know. And I love you too."

~

Isabelle stood with her brother and Theo.

"So, basically, we're looking for abnormal behavior?" Theo asked.

"Anyone acting a little off or a little weird," Scott replied.

"Isn't everyone a little weird in high school?" Theo asked.

"Yeah, good point," Isabelle admitted.

The three started walking down the stairs. "You remember Tracy went on a killing spree after reading that?" Theo asked.

"You think it's a bad idea?" Scott asked.

"Yes," Isabelle replied.

"I think Malia almost getting run down by a car could've been bad," Theo said. "That's why you guys haven't finished it, right?"
"We're going to," the alpha said.

"Scott, Isabelle, I came here hoping to find a pack," Theo said, making Isabelle roll her eyes behind his back. "Wasn't planning on watching one fall apart."

"The book's all we've got," Isabelle shrugged.

"Then I'll read it too," Theo said.

The pack stood around the multiple printed copies of 'The Dread Doctors', their faces reflecting off of the glass table. Scott had told his sister she couldn't read the book, he found it unsafe for her to do so, knowing she was weaker than everybody else.