Chapter Ten

"Hey, sorry I'm back so late. I was closing up the animal clinic. I got more hours to earn a little extra..." Scott paused, looking at the duffle bag filled with money and then to his sister, "money."

"How much more did you need?" Melissa asked

"This is payment from the dead pool. I found it in Garrett's locker." Scott defended.

"This belongs to Derek? So you're just going to keep it safe for him in a gym bag underneath your bed? How long have you had it?"

"Too long." Isabelle replied for Scott.

"You two know you have to give it back?"

"We were going to."

"Do i want to know why you haven't?" Melissa asked.

"Because of you." Isabelle whispered.

"Me?" Melissa sighed, "You mean because we've been struggling a little?"

"Mama, we've been struggling a lot." Isabelle spoke.

"Scott, you can save people's lives, and Isabelle, you can help, but you two cannot save them from life. Life is full of struggles."

"But it doesn't have to be."

"Honey,"

"Do you know what one of these can do?" Scott asked, plopping the bag closer to him and pulling a stack, "this get's us a new roof." Scott held it up, "this pays for Stiles' MRI. This pays for Eichen House. And this one means that you don't have to work the double shift at the hospital and come home totally exhausted." Scott picked up a bunch with each reason to keep the money.

"And what about this one?" Melissa asked, holding up the money, it had blood stains all over.

"When did you get so good? You been practicing? Or did you just suddenly get superhuman reflexes?" Mason joked, sitting with Liam and ending the video game.

"Uh...practicing. Yeah, I've been practicing."

"And i should be studying." Mason said, standing up.

"Where are you going?"
"Home? I got a history test tomorrow.

"Come on, one more game." Liam begged.

"Yeah, you said that four games ago."

"Study here. You can stay over. Come on, just one more game. Just one." Liam begged.

"you okay? Is this about Isabelle?" Mason asked, Liam shook his head

"Yeah, you're right. You should go. I should probably study too." Liam said, not wanting to talk about her. "See you at school."

Liam laid in his bed and sighed, he turned over to turn off his light but stopped and sat up. Liam looked around his room and laid back down finally turning his lamp off. He laid in his bed as the rain hit the window. The sound of footsteps appeared, making him worry, especially as he heard growling and the floorboards creaking.

"You're not there. You're not there." Liam spoke.

Liam turned the light back on and jumped, it wasn't there.

"So Derek let you off easy?" Isabelle asked Scott as they walked through the hallway.

"Yeah, it wasn't his money, he has it in different places." Scott replied, just then Malia appeared, nearly jumping on the younger girl.

"I passed!" Malia nearly shouted, making Isabelle smile and hug her.

"Congrats! I knew you could do it!"