THREE.

THREE

Simon wasn't lying when he said he would go back to the shop to read

Simon wasn't lying when he said he would go back to the shop to read. He came walking in with his football kit on, he must of had training after school. Simon Minter was a great football player, he was captain of the school team. Simon walked past a few people who were gathered round a table playing chess. He rolls his eyes at them, they were just nerds to him. He also passes a blonde girl who was looking at a copy of 50 Shades of Grey. He gives her a smug smile when he passes and she looks him up and down, batting her eyelashes at the boy. 

Cleo was stacking books on the shelves upstairs. The shop had a small upstairs that you could access using a iron spiral stair case- it was kind of like a balcony that over looked the downstairs and held a small reading room through opened, wooden double doors. Simon walks up to the counter, checking for Cleo. 

"Is a girl named Cleo here?" He asks the older woman behind the counter. 

"She's just upstairs stacking the shelves, but be quiet up there, the reading room is open," She says, looking over the rims of her glasses at the adolescent boy. 

"Thanks," He says and he walks to the spiral staircase and heads upstairs. 

He walks between the sets of bookshelves until he finds Cleo standing on a step ladder in order to reach the higher shelves. She had her work uniform on, which consisted of a black polo shirt with the stores logo on and her name badge, a pair of black skinny jeans and some black slip on shoes. Simon observed her for a moment, watching her fringe fall in her eyes when she would reach into the box to pull out another collection of books, and the way her fingers ran over every book spine as she placed it on the shelf in its alphabetical order. 

"Cleopatra," He says, walking into her view. 

"It's Cleo," She says, not even looking round at the person. 

"But you suit Cleopatra," He says and she looks up.

Her eyes meet his suddenly and she gulps, eyes widening as he looks at him.

"What're you doing here?" She asks him, her voice soft. 

"I told you yesterday I'd be here, don't act so surprised to see me, Cleo," He says and she sighs deeply.

"If your true intention is to read, the reading room is through there," She says while pointing towards the open double doors a few metres away. 

"I will read, but I wanted to see you first," He says and she continues her work, flicking her fringe aside every time she stands up straight. 

"Well you've seen me, so you can go ahead and read," Cleo says and Simon rolls his eyes. 

"Listen, Cleo, I want to say I'm sorry, for getting you in trouble, and for that time a few years ago, I just...I'm a very protective person, and I'll stop at nothing to make sure people know who I am, and that I'm important," He explains.