ELEVEN.

ELEVEN

She sat on her own in the library, her back was facing the entrance to the library as she slipped her earphones into her ears, the soft melodies of Beethoven played smoothly as she opened up her textbook and began reading

The library was possibly her favourite place in the whole sixth form side of the school, plus it was one of the only places a lonely person could hang out without being embarrassed.

She glanced up when she saw movement out the corner of her eye, it was Vikram and Tobi, they were looking through biology textbooks.

Vikram gave Cleo a sympathetic smile as she smiled at him. She had no friends anymore- everyone saw her as an enemy- she was one of them.

As she sifted through the chapters of the book she wondered what Sapphire and Claire were doing right now. Everyone thought they were so innocent, little did people actually know, Sapphire was what some would call a 'hoe' while Claire snorted cocaine on the weekends until she couldn't walk anymore. Cleo had to drag them both home multiple times. Cleo had stuck up for Simon Minter a few times and suddenly she was the Donald Trump of her Sixth Form.

Cleo didn't mind being alone, it meant she had more time to concentrate on her A Level's and with that, her future. Plus she'd gotten rather close with Simon, and she liked him, a lot.

Vikram and Tobi borrowed three books from the library before they left, and they were quickly replaced with a couple from year 11 attempting to get away with making out between the shelves. No doubt they'd be caught out by the librarian sooner or later. Cleo just chuckled to herself as the couple disappeared behind the hundreds of books.

She found what she was looking for within her textbook and decided to write up some notes- that was before Joshua Bradley walked into the library. It was odd for Cleo, to see him alone.

He walked past her desk at first, but he stopped about a metre away and turned slowly to face her, their eyes met and he gave her a smile as he pointed to his own ears. Cleo took this as a symbol for her to remove her earphones, so she paused the music and took them out, placing them on the table.

"Mind if I take a seat?" Josh asks, referring to the chair on the other side of Cleo's desk.

"Be my guest," She says and he smiles and sits down.

"I'm not here to shout at you or anything, you can relax," Joshua says, still smiling.

"Right...So what are you here for?" She asks, she was trying to keep her voice low so not to attract unnecessary attention.