EIGHT.

EIGHT

Simon Minter headed onto the school grounds late, he was later than usual and the evidence was written across his face- a fresh black eye and a busted up lip

Simon Minter headed onto the school grounds late, he was later than usual and the evidence was written across his face- a fresh black eye and a busted up lip. The reason this time? Simon had dyed his hair red after losing a bet with Josh and Cal. His father hadn't taken the red hair well and punched him straight in the face, causing a bruise around his eye and a cut, puffed up lip.

He stalked along the empty corridors of the school, fixing his tie a little as he reached the classroom. He knocked on the door before entering and the teacher looked at him with horror.

"Simon, what happened to your face? Is this the work of another fight?" Miss Derby asked and Simon just shrugged and walked to the back of the classroom, he took his seat beside Josh who gave his friend a sympathetic smile.

"Guess what?" Josh says and Simon looks round at him.

"What?" He asks in reply and Josh smiles and takes a piece of paper from his backpack and slides it over towards Simon.

Simon reads over the handwritten note and a small smile spreads across his lips.

"Where did you find this?" He asks and Josh smiles.

"It must have fell out of your locker, I saw it on the floor and happened to notice the loopy hand-written 'simon' on the side," Josh says and Simon nods.

The lesson flies by, and every few seconds Simon wonders if the note is genuine, or if it was even serious. As soon as the class is dismissed Simon and Josh leave and Simon tells Josh he's going to do at the note says. Josh nods and walks off to find Cal.

Simon heads towards the main hall where the stage was that hosted various drama productions throughout the year. Drama was always a favourite lesson of Simon's, purely because he didn't have to do much in it.

He walked up to the stage and jumped up onto it, glancing round to see if she was already here.

"Simon?" He hears and he spins round and sees her, her brown hair was pulled back into a stylish albeit messy bun, her uniform was crisp and clean and she smiled when his eyes met hers.

"Hey Cleo," He says and she walks over to him.

Simon leans over and helps Cleo onto the stage.

"Your eye," She says automatically, she hadn't noticed it when approaching, but when he was stood in front of her as he was it was obvious.

"Do I have to explain for you?" He asks and Cleo shakes her head.

"Its okay," She says and Simon sighs deeply.