TEN.

TEN

Simon Minter walked into the flower shop with his hood pulled over his head, he was still embarrassed about his red hair, and the bruise that was still clear around his eye

"Can I help you sir?" Asks a woman who was watering some potted plants.

"I'm fine, thanks," Simon says, his eyes scanning across the flowers.

"Well if you need me let me know," She smiles before she turns back to the plants.

"Actually," Simon says, clearing his throat afterwards, causing the woman to turn, "I'm looking for something to buy my girlfriend,"

"The roses are over there," She says, pointing towards the left.

"What if she doesn't like roses?"

"Well...Do you know what scents she likes?" The woman asks and Simon shakes his head, "Roses are your best bet sweetie,"

"Roses it is...How many?"

"A dozen," She tells him, she puts down her watering can and she walks over to the bouquets, she finds a bunch of roses that are nicely wrapped up and holds them towards Simon.

"Thanks," He says and she smiles.

"She's a lucky lady," Says the woman, sending him a flirty smile.

Simon just looks towards the counter and says, "How much are they?"

"£7.50," She replies blankly and he pulls his wallet from his backpocket and pulls out the correct money.

"Thank you," He says as she takes the money.

He heads out of the store and pulls his hood further over his head, making sure no one can see the bruise, or the red hair. He makes his way towards Cleo's house, he knew she would be in, Harry had told him so. He missed Harry a lot, he missed his jokes and funny comments at Sixth Form and he wondered if Harry was even happy anymore being forced to do an apprenticeship in his fathers business.

Simon arrives at Cleo's house and as he looks up towards her window he sees the light is on, she must be inside. He presses the doorbell and then glances towards the drive, double checking that her parents car wasn't there.

After a few more moments the door slowly opens, revealing Cleo in her pyjama shorts and a plain blue hoodie.

"Simon? What're you doing here?" She asks as he pulls down his hood.