FOURTEEN.

FOURTEEN

Her father drove the car off the motorway

"I still don't understand why this is happening," Cleo says, her hand was outside of the window, waving through the wind as the car drove.

"Because its for the business, sweetheart," Her father says from the seat in front of her.

"The business my ass," Harry mutters from beside Cleo.

Their mother throws both her children a glare.

"Both of you, quit it," She says, before turning back round to face the windscreen.

"This is bullshit," Harry mutters and Cleo silently agrees with him.

It was bullshit, it was stupid, how could her parents want to move house?

She wasn't really thinking about anything but Simon, how she told him she loved him and how he kissed and touched her so delicately, but he created a fire on her skin. Simon Minter was special to her, she had to see it through that his father was arrested. She gulps, eyes shifting from the scenery out the window, she brings her hand back inside and winds up the window.

"What about my A Levels?"

"We'll get you into the local college and you can continue them there," Her mother says and Cleo sighs deeply.

"But my friends-"

"Darling you haven't had Sapphire and Claire round in weeks, plus I spoke to Sapphire's mother. Apparently you're dating someone,"

Her father let out a deep breath.

"Who is he?" Her father asks and Harry squints his eyes towards Cleo.

"Simon, he's called Simon," Cleo breathes.

"I knew it," Harry smiles, he seemed proud of himself for guessing.

"Its nothing major," Cleo mutters and her father shakes his head.

"I told you boys bring babies so stick to books," He says, waving his hand in front of him.

"I do stick to books, what me and Simon have...Isn't like what you're thinking," Cleo says and Harry smirks under his hand.

When their parents begin to engage in a different conversation, Harry reaches forwards, pointing at a purple bruise on Cleo's slighlty exposed collar bone. She rolls her eyes and pulls her jumper up, she twists her body as best she can to face the window.