~21~ My Pillsbury Doughboy

Dear Mr. Pessimist,

I always read those unrealistic romance novels, where the man always comes running back to the woman. My question is this.

Will be able to catch me if I fall? If I can't be the strong girl you believe I am? If I finally reach my breaking point and blow up, will you be here?

With Love,

Sydney's

p.s I like how much you've been smiling lately, it makes your eyes look like a beautiful ocean

xoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxox

"Where are you headed?"

I looked up from where I was in front of the door, sliding my bracelet on to my wrist.

"I'm going to a family reunion with a friend." I replied, spinning around to face her. She smiled, one of her warm, all knowing smiles.

"Are you going with Jess-"

"No, it's another friend. One from work." I said quickly, sitting on the edge of the couch to put my shoes on.

"Is he the one that had you smiling like you just won the lottery the other night?" She asked, acting more as a friend then a mother for a second.

"Yeah. His name is Bennett." I watched her smile start to falter.

"As in Bennett Banks, right?" I nodded, knowing exactly what she was about to refer to.

It was no secret that Bennett and Hannah had been in a car accident a year ago, everyone here in town knew. His family was loved, put up on a pedestal, so the second something happened they were on the news.

"And you said this boy was pessimistic? Are you sure he won't hur-"

"He wouldn't hurt me, Mom. He's a good person." I said, making my way toward the door, "I promise he's not going to hurt me, Mom. Don't worry."

*

I don't think I'd ever felt so out of place in my life. Bennett looked even more so then I did, and I could feel my hand grab his and forced a reassuring smile on to my face.

"Come on." I dragged him behind me as we made our way into the crowded park, making sure he was at least smiling.

"Bennett! Oh, darling! Look how much you've grown!" I heard a woman's voice say before Bennett's hand was torn from me and he was pulled into a hug. I laughed, crossing my arms over my chest as I watched Bennett get engulfed in a group hug.

"Who are you?" One of the little girls asked, tugging on my hand with big eyes, "Are you Bennett's girlfriend?" I could tell by her crystal blue eyes and dark hair that she had some relation to Bennett.

"Sort of." I answered, "I'm a friend of his, that's a girl." She rolled her eyes.

"That's not what I meant." I smiled down at her, and after a few seconds of trying to keep a straight face, she started laughing.

". . . I know, Aunt Irene. Anyway, this is Sydney. Sydney, this is my Aunt and her three kids Minnie, Lisa, and Ryan." I waved at the young kids, winking at the youngest, Minnie, beside me. She giggled and grabbed on to her mom's hand.

"Is your hair naturally this color?" His aunt asked, running one hand through it. I blinked in surprise at the question.

"Aunt Irene." Bennett groaned.