Epilogue

"Sydney!"

I jumped back from the textbook in my hands at the sound of Bennett's voice. I turned around to find him walking toward me, the glasses the eye doctors had forced him to where, starting to slide down the bridge of his nose.

"Hi." He kissed me quickly before leaning over my shoulder and seeing what I had on the computer screen.

"Why is there a sperm donor website open in another tab?" He sound partially amused and partially curious.

"I'd like to know the same thing. Who was the last one to use the laptop before me?" I asked, staring up at him. I felt my face twist in disgust when I realized who it had been.

"Oh God, Bennett. Wasn't it your mom?" His head whipped up, his blue eyes huge behind his dark rimmed glasses.

Bennett's parents had gotten divorced a little over a year ago, leaving most of the money in Mr. Banks possession. I had forced Bennett into help his mom out despite his protests. We would occasionally drop by the house with Parker and occasionally Erin whenever we had extra time.

"That's the most disgusting image I think I've ever had in my head." He shuddered dramatically and walked over to the swing where our eight month old son was sleeping.

"I can think of worse." I joked, closing the textbook in my hand and stretching.

"I don't want to hear them." He replied.

"What about the time Tristan-"

"I don't want to hear it, Syd. This is my mom trying to get pregnant, it's just gross." I laughed, shutting my laptop as I cleared the desk.

"You got work tomorrow?" He asked, muttering something to our son as an after thought.

"Yeah. I get to spend another wonderful day with a class of obnoxious, delinquent teenagers." I said, coming out a lot more bitter and sarcastic then I had intended it to be.

I really did love working with the kids, even if this was my first year, I had already had a blast seeing how I could change some of their lives.

"And, Bennett, sweetie." I said, stopping in front of him to kiss Parker's forehead, "Twenty-six year old men don't think their mom's trying to have a baby is gross. They should think it's great."

*

I shifted Parker's carrier into my other hand as I waited outside of Jess' house, tapping my foot anxiously.

"Auntie Syd!" The seven year old boy threw his arms around my legs and stared up at me with big brown eyes.

"Hey there, Nicky." I said ruffling his hair as he moved on to look at the baby boy in the carrier.

"He's so big now." He exclaimed, making gestures with his hands. I laughed, nodding.

"You are too, kiddo. I remember when you were as big as Parker." I replied, "Where are Mommy and Daddy?" He shrugged, clapping his hands together.

"Mommy said she has erdans to run."

"Errands." I corrected him. He frowned, crossing his small arms over his chest.

"Daddy is in his office. You can come in." By the time Nicky had moved into the house, Tristan was in the living room, feet away from the door.

"Sydney? What are you doing here? Is Ben with you?" I shook my head as he shut the door gently behind me, his hand lingering on the door knob.