Nine

"Hey munchkin," Lauren entered the living room where Camila was sat fixated on the TV.

"Alejandro Cabello was declared missing a little under two weeks ago. This morning the police found his mutated body laid on the side of a road by his house. It is yet to be determined what caused his death," The news reporter spoke out, a photo of Alejandro on the side of the screen. "The real question is, where is his daughter, Camila Cabello? She has also been missing for the same amount of time but her body is yet to be found," The picture changed to one of Camila, looking a lot different to her current state. Her hair was tied in an elegant braid and the top of her pale pink dress was visible, her smile wide.

It was a huge contrast to the skinny, solemn looking girl wearing an oversized t-shirt and leggings, her long hair cascading her face in messy waves who was staring at her.

It had been three days since Lauren's father had visited the house and he hadn't spoke to her since, besides emailing her about her tasks.

"Did you leave the house this morning, to put his body there?" She asked quietly.

"No," Lauren answered simply, shaking her head.

"Liar," Camila accused, narrowing her eyes.

"I didn't, I got my friend to do it," The older girl defended herself, walking around to stand in front of her.

"Dinah?"

"No, Lucy," Lauren's answers were short and Camila was afraid she'd annoyed her.

"Are all your friends from your job?" She pressed.

"No, Mani, Dinah, Lucy and Keana are, my others aren't," Lauren told her.

"Do the others care that you kill people?" Camila asked, confused on how everyone was so relaxed on being friends with a murderer.

"They're all in similar jobs," Lauren shrugged and Camila bit on her tongue to stop herself laughing.

A group of girls with illegal jobs.

Fun.

"I'm on the tv," Camila announced, nodding her head towards the large screen and Lauren picked up the remote, turning it off.

"Now you're not," She rolled her eyes, irritated.

Camila chewed on her lip, fiddling with her hands as Lauren sat on the other couch, distancing herself from the smaller girl.

After about half an hour of sitting in silence Lauren stood up.

"Wait, where are you going?" Camila's head shot up to look at her.

"To complete my task and you're coming with me," Lauren grabbed Camila's hand and pulled her onto her feet.

"No no, I can't go," Camila argued, shaking her head frantically.

"You don't have a choice munchkin,  I'm not leaving you," Lauren stated simply, sliding on a pair of shoes.

"I don't have any shoes," Camila remembered as they reached the door, feeling the cold breeze on her feet.

"You won't be leaving the car, it doesn't matter," Lauren told her, stepping onto the small porch.

Camila huffed, doing the same and following Lauren down the steps.

"You don't even have a car," Camila sulked and Lauren laughed.

"I keep it round the other side of my house, you've only seen the front of it," She pointed out, starting to walk to the back.