Sixteen

"Camila poke me one more time and I swear to god I'll end you," Lauren warned the younger girl.

It's been five days since the pool party as such and not much had happened in terms of their 'relationship'.

Camila smirked as she jabbed her finger into Lauren's ribs once again, causing Lauren to squirm.

"You're dead," Lauren shouted playfully and Camila jumped onto her feet, already running before Lauren had a chance to even climb up.

She ran up the stairs, trying to find a room that Lauren wouldn't find her in which was quite difficult considering it wasn't her house.

She'd spent most of her time in the same three rooms but she'd been in every room that wasn't locked when she tried looking for an escape.

As she ran down the hallway she pushed her hands against the doors in hope that one would swing open.

She heard Lauren's footsteps bounding up the stairs and she quickened her pace until a door to a room that was previously locked swung open.

She stopped, walking in and quietly closing the door behind her.

A gasp left her mouth as she saw what the room contained.

It had a small couch against the wall by a window and a table next to it but other than that there was no more furniture.

It was filled with what appeared to be things from Lauren's childhood such as toys and trophies.

There were rows and rows of trophies from just about everything you could imagine.

Softball, basketball, cheerleading and soccer were all Camila could make out from her position.

Carefully folded up on the floor were various sports uniforms and dance costumes that looked like they were only fit for a young child.

There was a box containing video tapes and a few photo albums scattered around it. 

Her eyes widened as she saw a guitar balanced against a piano in the corner of the room and she walked over, picking up the wooden instrument and sitting down, placing it on her lap before strumming her fingers over the strings.

From the outside Lauren heard a soft musical sound coming from one of the rooms.

She followed the sound to its origin, freezing as she realised what room it was coming from.

She pushed open the door to find Camila sat in the corner stunning a tune of a guitar.

The guitar.

"What're you doing?" Her voice was a whisper as she saw what was happening but it startled Camila and the brunette looked up in surprise.

"You scared me," She let out a breathy laugh but Lauren didn't look amused.

"You aren't allowed in here, its locked for a reason," She told her monotonously and Camila furrowed her eyebrows.

"It was open," She tried to argue and Lauren walked towards her.

"You can't touch that, it's my mothers," She snapped, yanking the guitar from Camila's grasp.

"I'm sorry, I didn't know," Camila frowned.

"Whatever Camila," Lauren rolled her eyes, walking out of the room and leaving Camila alone and confused.

She didn't think she was doing any harm, she just wanted to play the guitar.

"Lauren wait," Camila called after her as she scrambled onto her feet but by the time she was in the hallway Lauren had locked herself in her bedroom.