One.

Once again the wonderful spnlife has convinced me to publish a story so here you go. Enjoy Chasing The Sun.

Eliana Joy-

I knew I was going to be late, it was obvious that I had to hurry.

I grabbed my Polaroid camera and rushed out the door in only my shorts and tank top. I didn't even bother with shoes.

As I ran toward the ocean pier an unfamiliar boy bumped into me.

"Oh, sorry. I wasn't looking where I was going." The boy apologised, shaking his head.

"It's alright, I was the one who was running." I told him.

"Okay. What's your name? And what are you doing out at this time. Most girls stay inside and watch Vampire Diaries or something." The boy asked.

"I'm Elaine." I stated simply.

"I'm Tyler." He had a small smile in his face as he told me his name. "What are you doing?" He repeated his question.

"I want a picture of the sunset before it disappears." I explained.

"So, you're chasing the sun?" Tyler asked.

"I guess I am." I told him before rushing off and taking a picture of the sunset from my usual spot in the sand.

Once I had the picture in my hand I walked to the forest, to my treehouse.

I climbed up the ladder and grabbed the black marker that I kept there. It was the only thing on the floor in there, along with a little tub of mini pegs.

I grabbed the marker and scribbled before clipping it to the string attached to the wall.