3

Hearing her phone ringing, Sharon was forced to grapple for it from the bedside table. She knew it was quite late in the day but she had slept much later than she had expected. After receiving confirmation from Scott about Cameron's identity- and laughing internally at his reaction - she had spent a couple of hours to calm down before falling asleep. She had been wrestling with the fact that she had a roommate. At least for the next few days. And a gorgeous one to be exact.

When she had said goodnight to him in the hallway, the light had revealed the utter handsomeness that was his face. His high cheekbones and sharp, aquiline nose. His big, hooded silvery gray eyes were warm and light, helping her overcome her embarrassment and slight hysteria when she had felt something against her thigh. She had been extremely aware of his wide shoulders and lean hips even as she conversed with him. And she was sure he was conscious of her awareness but he was friendly although slightly amused.

What she had been struggling with was the fact that this was the first time she was going to share a living space with a person of the opposite gender. She had not stayed in dorms when she had gone to college. Having chosen a college near to home, she had not had to worry about her accommodations as she would return home after class. So she wasn't sure what to do or whether she should do anything. She was not worried about him being attracted to her despite his hardon. She was sure that had been a fluke and with his good looks, she was sure he had had the company of women who were more beautiful than her. She was just overthinking her behavior and the common space, like the kitchen and living room. After finally wrestling her mind into submission, she was finally able to sleep.

Until her phone woke her up.

Finally grabbing it, she sleepily brought it to her ear and was surprised to hear Amelia's voice. Awake now, she sat up, trying to make sense about what her sister was saying. She was talking too fast and there was note of wildness in her voice that worried her.

"Ames, slow down. I don't understand. What are you trying to say?"she finally said, cutting into the one-sided conversation Amelia was having. "Breathe, woman."

"Alright. I am breathing,"Amelia said after she had loudly taken in a big breath.

"Good. So what were you talking about?"Sharon asked as she leaned back onto the headboard.

"I was apologising, you idiot. I can't believe you didn't catch that,"Amelia said peevishly. Sharon was shocked. It was not often that her sister admitted her fault and it was even rarer for her to apologise. Even so, Sharon was not sure what she was apologising for.

"Hold up. I think there's something wrong with my hearing. Are you apologising? Why? Not that there are not a long list of things you should say sorry for but nothing is coming to mind at the moment,"Sharon said, running her hand through her hair.

"I am saying sorry for abandoning you at the last minute. I know I said I was going to be there for you but, I guess, I have been working towards this meeting for so long that I kinda forgot about you." Sharon felt her eyes softening. She knew what a workaholic her sister was and Amelia worked hard as a model. She didn't wait for her agent to find projects for her. She would use her extensive connections, even tapping on some of Scott's, to get the best jobs for herself. Sharon could foresee that she would not be content working for someone else. But for the situation at hand-

"I understand. Well, I didn't yesterday but you'll have to excuse me. I had just gotten off a three hour flight after an hour's car ride. I think I was entitled to a hissy fit. But I guess what I am trying to say is sorry for my tantrum,"Sharon said, remorse stirring in her. Ever since they were young, Sharon had been the agreeable sister/daughter. She was the one who went with the flow and if something happened that she didn't like, she would let it roll her back and just changed her plans. She had never expressed her feelings, not as vehemently as she had yesterday. And she was embarrassed at her outburst. Which reminded her of her unanswered texts. "Wait. Why didn't you answer my texts yesterday? I thinked I spammed your phone."