17

Entering the reception area, Cameron couldn't believe how hard his heart was beating. He wasn't doing anything overtly wrong. He was just coming to talk to Matt. That was his prerogative as Matt's client. He had some things to clear up. Yeah, about some contracts and his plans. That was why he was there.

So why was his palm so sweaty?

Ignoring that pesky voice in his head, he nodded at Jenna when she waved at him. He was relieved that she was busy on the phone. She had the bad habit of announcing his presence by flirting loudly with him. Usually he didn't mind that. But not today.

Why? Are you avoiding someone?

Nearly growling aloud at the mocking voice, he forced his lips into a smile when someone walked by. Absently recognising the flirtatious smile, he was able to let out a breath when he saw that this wasn't a certain redhead that he was hoping to stay clear of.

Why can't you admit that you're scared of Sharon?

His hands clenching into a fist, he barely held back the urge to physically bat away the voice. Which would look weird since he would only waving his hand around his head. His brows coming together in a scowl, he wondered why he had been riddled with this unseen companion the moment he had woken up.

He could admit, to himself, that he was meeting Matt behind her back. Even though she had explicitly told him that she would talk to Matt, going so far as to warn him away when he had sent her to work, he wanted to clear the air himself. He was the one who had landed her in hot water. So he had to be the one to rectify the issue.

Then why did you lie to yourself? Meeting Matt for a contract?

Barely withholding the wince, he had to admit that he was feeling very nervous when he had entered the office. He had been a blubbering mess, preparing an answer to any question when his progress had been unimpeded so far. And why would anyone question his presence in the first place? It was a known fact that he was the only client who, pretty much, have free rein in the office. If it was anyone else, he knew they'd have been escorted to one of the meeting rooms

Flexing his fingers, his eyes shot to the cubicles and he cursed the high walls. Knowing how short she was, he wasn't able to track her movement. And many of the women were basically flirting with him, hailing him down and reaching out to touch him. He wanted them to stop. This was increasing his chances of getting caught. He didn't want to get caught.

Sharon had explicitly told him to let her talk to Matt. She had even gone so far as to threaten his with gastronomic harm right when he had sent her to work. But, even though that threat had made him hesitate, he knew he had to be the one to talk to Matt. He had been the one who had besmirched her credentials so he had to be the one to rectify it. That didn't mean that he was going to advertise his actions. He was not dumb, even though he had gone on at Sharon about the perceived stupidity of athletes.

Keeping his eyes peeled for any approaching redhead, he caught movements at the corner of his eyes and, sensing something familiar, he turned to look down the hall. Imagine his surprise when he saw Logan coming out of a meeting room. His eyes narrowed when his agent came out shortly after.

This was not good.

Stopping at a hallway right after, he waited for her to leave. Usually, most agents would show their clients the way out, Cameron knew how Logan's agent worked, having caught her in action the few times he had been in the office. She would leave her clients to make their own way out. Granted, most would want to escape her presence immediately but this gave him a great opportunity to speak to Logan.

And he was not surprised to see her walking out of the hall alone. Making sure she was far enough away and was not going to head back, he made his way in and called a greeting to Logan.