38 v2

SMUTTY SMUT AHEAD
------

His mind in a haze, Cameron vaguely knew Sharon had just asked him a question. He could see her mouth moving and heard a soft mumble but nothing registered in his mind. He had other things to focus on. He had to get his hands on more of her skin. Her soft, smooth skin.

Having pulled her clothes off, he was revelling in her exposed skin. His hands were everywhere, curious to know more and eager for her reaction. Her little gasps and jerks urged him on. It was so much so that he didn’t care of his own pleasure.

His lips on the crook of her shoulder, he was about to unhook her bra when she began pushing him away. Surprised, he sat back on his haunches. He would never force himself against a woman. Then, as the cold air brought reason back to him, he was worried that he was rushing her. They had been talking about something before he had jumped on her like a barbarian. Fearful that she was going to run away from him, he was about to get off the bed to cool down when she suddenly sat up and wrapped her arms around his neck.

Confused by the mixed signals, he looked down at her in question. But she wasn’t looking at him. Her eyes fixed on the middle of his chest, her wet lips and half-lidded eyes almost made all questions leave his head. The only reason he held onto his sanity was the tiny furrow between his brows.

“What’s wrong?”he asked in concern, his hand coming down to nudge her up, make her look at him. Then, as heat rushed through his veins again, his hand grabbed onto his bed cover. He wouldn’t be able to listen if there was any skin contact.
It was made even harder when his eyes caught on the white bra that was barely containing her breasts. It was tough to tear his eyes away. And the person in question made it even harder, as if testing his patience. While looking like she was searching for the words, her fingers were playing with the hair around his nape.

“I know it’s a bit too late now but what are we exactly?”she asked finally. His heart had begun beating fast from the suspense that her question was kind of anti-climactic. But he couldn’t understand what she was saying. He didn’t know if it was the lack of blood flow in his brain or whether his brain just didn’t comprehend.

“Wha-“ A shiver ran down his back as her sly fingers continued tracing lines along the back of his neck. That was not a part of his body that had ever been this sensitive. Taking a deep breath, he told himself to focus and tried again. “What do you mean?”

“It’s a simple question,”she said, looking resolutely at his chest. He didn’t have time to wonder though as she continued. “What are we? Are we friends? Roommates? Or former roommates?”

“Do you do this with just friends? Or with a roommate?”he asked incredulously. He already knew the answer but this was just ridiculous. Why did she doubt him now?

“Of course not,”she responded in outrage, her fingernails digging into his back. He was surprised by the pain and had to hold back a wince. Then, as if seeing his reaction, she released him, much to his relief. She turned a sour expression to him. “I know that. I know you know that but I need you to say it. Or else I’ll always second guess us.”

Sighing, he recognised the truth of her words. Her words resonated with the part of him that also wanted that. After weeks of throwing his feelings at her without any reciprocation in sight, his bruised heart would appreciate it.

But as he pondered on how to say it, his ears grew hot. He was reluctant to say such words out loud. They were not something he had ever said to anyone before, not even his mother. And from her mischievous smile, it was clear she noticed his bashful reluctance.

“So what are we?”she asked, fluttering her lashes.

“You know what we are,”he muttered, unable to look at her. For some reason, it made him feel vulnerable. This felt even more vulnerable than being clad in only sweatpants, as he was now. It was like finding out his fly was open after walking around the entire day.