Chapter 3

Well my little readers, as you know Willow has finally met her mate! Ah, aren't you guys excited!!! Well in this chapter I might add the drama bomb, or that might be the next chapter, I dunno. But wow, I'm really, like really really excited!!!! Ok, let's just read now!

"Wait... Y-you're my mate?"

Riley nodded and finally got up off of me. "Yeah, I guess so," he happily said while holding out his hand.

I hesitantly took it, but nearly let go as my arm was engulfed by sparks.

When I was hauled up from my butt, Kyle quickly ran up to us.

"Holy crap guys! Are you guys okay? I swear I heard a loud crunching sound."

He heard what?!? Oh gosh, if I end up having brain damage.

"Nah man, we're fine. Right Willow?"

I nodded. "Uh yeah, perfectly fine."

Riley's smile soon faded. "Why did you run?"

I shook my head. "The truth?"

They both nodded simultaneously.

I looked down at my feet. What am I suppose to say? Oh, yeah, I ran away from you because I thought you were going to kill me. That's not going to turn out well.

'Just say it. He's our mate, he won't kill us... I think.'

She thinks. Well, I guess if she thinks so then he won't kill me.

"I ran because, because I-" I looked up into Riley's eyes and saw concern. "I ran because I thought you guys were going to kill me..."

Silence.

'Wow, I can't believe you actually said it."

What! It was clear that my wolf told me to say that!

All of a sudden they both erupted into laughter.

"Willow, why on earth would we kill you?" Riley asked while cracking up.

Kyle spoke up while clutching his stomach. "For a gatherer you sure are stupid."

For some reason that didn't seem offensive.

I don't know why, but for some reason I started to laugh along. This just felt right.

Me and Riley were still laughing when Kyle just froze. "Wait, guys... Have you noticed anything strange?"

"Noticed what?" Riley and I asked simultaneously, causing us to laugh even harder.

He started looking around. "This village is completely empty."

I swear my heart stopped. They were going to find out. Find out I was alone and a rouge. Then they would either kill me or leave me and have Riley reject me. Then I would feel the pain Nick mentioned all those years ago.

"Yeah," Riley said, snapping me out of my reverie. "Come to think about it, this village seems abandoned. Where is everyone Willow?"

Tears sprung to my eyes, causing worry to flash across Riley's face and confusion across Kyle's.

Riley quickly grabbed ahold of my shoulders. "W-what's wrong? D-did I upset you?"

I covered my eyes with my hands and shook my head. "No, you didn't do anything." I didn't want to tell him everyone was dead. But I had to.

I crumpled to the ground, tears flowing from eyes. Riley still held onto me, so he was on the ground to.

"Willow, please, just tell me what's wrong. I promise I'll make it better."