Chapter 24

Hey my little readers, so this is IMPORTANT!!!! If you notice, I'm rushing this story. To be honest, this story is driving me nuts. It's poorly written and my only story which is my priority is my superhero story. Plus, I have school which keeps me busy. But I write this because when I first wrote this, I owed you guys to finish this. So that's pretty much it. Plus, I don't think I'm going to write the sequel. If I do, it's gonna be awhile before I update it. So that's it! Sooo...get reading!!!

Willows POV

I barged right through the open door of Riley's house, making him to jump up from the couch with fright. Once he saw it was me, his face turned into an apologetic expression.

"Willow, I-"

A smile lit my face and I ran to Riley. Once I was right in front of him I jumped, my hands immediately going around his neck while my legs snaked around his waist.

"Don't apologize." I whispered. "I'm an emotional wreck who cries over every little thing and overreacts. Come to think of it, all I do is cry. I need to be tough and strong like a Luna, so from this day on, I shall never shed a tear."

He chuckled while his arms held my waist to support my weight. "Was it hard to say that?"

"Oh yeah, definitely."

He smirked as he stood there, still supporting my weight. Geeze, wasn't I going to break his hip or something?

"Did something happen to you to make you so confident? I miss my shy Willow."

I nodded as a bright smile formed on my lips. "Yes sir, Travis happened."

He narrowed his eyes. "Travis? What did he do this time?"

"Well," I started. "It so happens that he's Paige's mate."

His smirk returned. "So no more problems from Travis? I now get you to myself?"

I nodded but was soon cut off by his lips pressing against mine. At first I was surprised by his movements, but I soon gave in, allowing our lips to move in sync.

A want grew inside of me. I wanted him, needed him. I couldn't live without him. I needed him before I disappeared from his life to leave with Nick. I needed to feel complete.

My back was soon pressed against the cold surface of the wall. Since when did that happen?

He deepened the kiss, making me feel pleasure. This was torture, I needed him, badly. I felt that if I didn't I would soon explode.

A wave of heat coursed through me, receiving a gasp to escape my lips.

I broke the kiss and pressed my forehead against Riley's. We were both out of breath, breathing heavily. I never thought I could be so bold? It feels like ever since I met Riley, I've been stronger. My wolf stopped invading my mind, my feelings became pin point, and my personality has changed.

"We need to stop." I breathed. "That was escalating, fast."

He nodded in agreement, but I could still see the lust in his eyes. "Sorry...I just needed you."

I smiled. "Same here. I felt like I was about to explode."

He let me down gently, allowing my feet to make contact with the floor. "Looks like our bond is strengthening."

I smiled up at him. "I love you Riley. Always remember that."

He searched my eyes for a moment as if looking for something, then he smiled.

"I love you Willow."

.

.

.

.

~Time Lapse; One Week~

Tonight was the night. My last night with Riley, the ball. I promised myself I would make this night worth replaying in my mind when I would yearn for my mate. I would make this night the best night of my life, as if the world was ending.

Well, my world was ending.

I sat on the couch, wearing the beige dress that reached my feet while my hair was curled. Renee, Alissa, and Paige, who had befriended the group faster than I thought, had picked me up a dress and did my hair and makeup before leaving to get ready themselves. Like Renee had said, I looked like one hot tomali.

I didn't even notice when Riley entered the room wearing a suit with his hair combed.

"Wow, you look breathtaking."

I blushed and stood before being enveloped into a hug.

"Why thank you sir. You look quite handsome yourself."

He laughed before pecking my lips and pulling away. That's when I noticed the car keys.

I frowned. "We're leaving? But I thought the ball started in two hours."

"I'm sorry Willow, but I have alpha business to handle before the party. I called Alissa and Kyle to pick you up. I promise I'll meet you there."

"But, shouldn't I be with you?"

He shook his head. "This isn't the usually business, it's more, private. I'm sorry."

I shook my head and smiled gently. "No, it's fine. But you owe me."

His face lit up in delight. "How about a dance."

"That'd be splendid."

He gave me one last peck before heading to the door. "I love you." He whispered before exiting.

I sighed and slumped on the couch. This isn't how I imagined the day would start. Why would he have business today? Out of the whole year, it just had to be today!

I looked down at my feet. This wasn't how my last night was supposed to be.

A cold chill swallowed me, making me shiver. My eyes immediately snapped to the thermostat.

It was eighty degrees. Why was it so cold?

My heart clenched at sudden realization. This couldn't happen now.

I jumped from the sofa and ran to the door, swinging it open and allowing the crisp air to hit my face. Standing there was Nick in a suit, smiling with a single rose in his hand.

What was he doing here? I had until tomorrow evening before I had to leave. How did he even get past Riley's border watch?

I slowly walked to him. "What are you doing here Nick? I have until tomorrow."

"Wow," he said, ignoring my question. "You look beautiful."

"Answer the question!" I hissed. I was tired of his games.

He shook his head. "Willow, tonight was the deadline. You have no more time."

"No, it's not."

"I'm afraid so. Tonight is the seventh night."

My heart clenched. It couldn't be. I swear I had more time.

"I have more time." I whispered as my eyes grew wide. "This was supposed to be the best night of my life."

I felt Nick's hand skim my cheek. "Come on Willow, it's time to go."

I looked into Nick's eyes which held love and compassion. It made me sick. But in order to keep my pack safe, I had to leave with him.

I took his hand which was extended towards me. He then began to pull us along. But before we left the property, I looked back at the open door.

I'm sorry Riley, please forgive me.

When we entered the forest, I didn't cry. I stayed strong and held my head up high.

After all, I promised Riley I wouldn't shed a tear, and he was my world.

Welp, don't have a lot to say except vote, comment, and follow. So TATA my little readers.