Chapter Forty-Two:

~~~~~~(*Sam's P.o.V*)~~~~~~

Pushing my hands into my suit pockets, I blew out a heavy breath trying to calm my nerves. I shoulden't be scarred I'm a Alpha, and Alphas aren't scared of anything..yeah right.

The door opened, and I held my breath as Allie poked her head out. Instantly my nerves got the best of me and I dropped my tough guy act, like I always seemed to do when she was around.

"Yes, I'll call you, Ruby." Allie said behind her shoulder as she stepped outside. She pushed her hair over her shoulder, and the light summer breeze carried her amazing scent over so it filled my nostrils testing my control.

We stared awkwardly at each other for a moment, and I had to resist laughing like I wanted to. "Are you going to acknowledge you're brutally handsome double-oh-seven boyfriend?" I said in a James Bond accent, leaning forward and kissing her cheek gently. As my lips left her smooth cheek, her hands moved to my cheeks and pulled me forward into a deep kiss. "Hi" She giggled, pulling away.

"Where are we going tonight, my love?" She asked, rubbing her thumb across my lips. Even in her heels I towered over her, and I loved being able to look down at her and see the beautiful girl looking right back up at me. "Well darling, let's just say tonight will be the last time you wear white..and the last time you'll be a unspoken for lady" I said huskily, letting my words hang in the air as she absorbed them

Leaning down onto my knee, I reached into my back pocket and pulled the tiny black box out that held the new ring i'd bought hours ago. I had fiddled with it so much that the velvet on the box was in different directions.

Her mouth hung open as she struggled to find words, hopefully with joy.

I was so nervous my hand shook as I held the box, and I mentally kicked myself for not getting the bigger diamond. Originally, I wanted to wait to propose till we got to the restaurant, but waiting till then would not be a option, and i'd already started.

"Allie, I love you more than anything in this world and I can't live another day without you being my w-" I tried, but she moved her hands to my mouth to stop me from finishing.

"I love you so much that it hurts Sam, and it amazes me that my love for you can grow day-by-day. But I'm only 17, baby. I'm not legal, and Ruby's right. We should wait until i'm 18 to get married and have a kid, I don't want to be 'that' girl who gets knocked up. I love you so much Sam, but I want to wa-" She tried, but I was filled with anger and adrenaline; A bad combination

"Are you serious? You're going to listen to her? Didn't she try and brake us up?" I yelled, gripping the black velvet box tightly in my hand and standing straight so I towered over her again "Don't try to intimidate me, Sam, or bad-mouth Ruby. And weren't you the one who said we should wait a while?" She said calmly, reaching out for me. Backing up so her hand missed my chest, I dropped the box to the ground and backed up even more.

The pain of rejection was burning my stomach, and I felt like throwing up. "I need time away" I finally said "Think of where i'm coming from, Sam. I love you so much, and that's why i'm doing this" She tried again, bending down and picking up the ring box.

Rolling my lips together so my angry words didn't hurt her, I backed up even farther reaching the road. "Sam, get back here" Allie said, walking over and stumbling in the nude heels that made her legs look long and tan.

"You just rejected me, Allie. I need time away" I said loudly, before turning and running as fast as I could away from her house trying to run away the horrible pain that was eating my heart.

A/N:

Well.. that escaladed QUICKLY! Did I shock y'all? I was mentally screaming at myself as I typed this. Yes, Yes, it's short but c'mon guys!

Question of the chapter: Do you think Allie was being brainwashed? If so;

1: I think it was Ruby. That Bitch has been at it from the beggining!

2: I think it was the creep Samueal. He's been toying with them the entire time.

3: I think it was Ian. We haven't heard from him in a while, maybe he's been talking to people.

If not..;

4: I think Allie made a smart choice

5: I think Allie is scared and confused

6: I think Allie is rethinking their relationship