Chapter Forty-Three: Unedited

I pounded on the door, probably bruising my knuckles as I repeatedly hit the door harder then necessary. I was knocking loudly and continuously, yes, it was long and obnoxious, yes, but I hadn't seen Sam or any of my other friends in 4 days after I told him no. They'd all avoided me, and I assumed Sam shed some light on what happened and in his rage he might have said some not-so-true things.

Sam and I where still dating..actually, I don't even know what we are anymore, but a boyfriend doesn't just disappear after a little argument. It wasn't a argument, it was a proposal I refused.

I wanted to say yes, to make Sam happy and me happy but I just had a feeling in the pit of my stomach that we should wait, like something really bad was about to happen. Call me crazy for rejecting Sam's proposal, but it had to happen.

The door swung open and Andrew appeared, smiling until he saw me. "Allie.." He cleared his throat, looking behind him and opening the door a bit more so I could Ammi, Carter, Gray, and Jess all sitting around a board game on the floor, laughing.

As soon as they saw me they froze up. Ammi and Carter opened their mouths like they where going to speak, but they never found the words. Ammi was playing Life with Gray and Jess when days before she'd been bad mouthing them? I'd actually though she was a good person, but this changed my mind.

I now declared myself Sam-less and friend-less

"Where's Sam?" I said, looking away from Ammi's sorrowful expression and back to Andrew. "Not here. And, I think you should leave" Andrew said quietly, moving to close the door. Pushing my foot to wedge the door open, I let out a heavy breath as the wood scratched my foot.

"Where is Sam?" I repeated, gripping my phone in my hand and cocking my head to the side to try to intimidate Andrew into telling me. It wasn't working, but I kept at it. "At the lake house. He ran home and started tearing things up yelling about you and something else. Alpha Bruce told him to leave till he calmed down. We haven't heard from him since, but we got complaints from the neighbors about him yelling and things breaking" Ammi said, and everyone glared at her.

She stood up and walked over, pushing Andrew out of the way with her hip. "Can you give me the address?" I asked hopefully, reaching out for her. Putting my hand on her wrist-no matter how much it disgusted me to touch her- I looked at her with pleading eyes.

Sam and I where mates, and Ammi explained earlier how much it hurt to be away from your mate.

She knew how much this was tearing me apart, and how the only thing holding me together was coffee and ice cream.

"Ammi, don't do it. She's just going to break his heart again. Leave, you little skank" Gray said, standing up and walking over to the door. Jess and Carter followed, all staring at me. "You do not get to call me a 'little skank'. You're the crazy bitch who can't tell the truth to save her life. And you Carter, I thought we where friends." I said, sucking my teeth and stepping forward.

I pushed my finger against Grays chest, clenching and unclenching my jaw. "416 Ranch Road" Ammi said, and I nodded. "If you're all here talking about me while Sam is at a lake house, alone, then you aren't his real friends. Andrew, you're his brother for f*cks sake! You're all here, playing Life with Gray while he is destroying the lake house! " I laughed, turning on my heal and walking to my car.

~~~~~~~~~~

"Sam, baby, are you here?" I yelled through the house, shutting the door. All the lights where off, the room only lit by the slowly sinking moon. A broken lamp was on the floor, a vase next to it with water spilling around it and roses smashed like someone stomped on them. The wallpaper was ripped, and the coat closet door was ripped off its hinges, laying in a pile of splintering wood in the corner

"Sam, it's me. Allie" I yelled looking around at the once beautiful and clean living room. Stepping over the lamp, I walked through the living room looking at the damage Sam caused. The plasma t.v was ripped in half, and the couch was torn up along with other damage. "So, you got them to tell you where I was" Someone said, and I walked into the office where Sam was sitting in a leather laz-e-boy recliner with many cans of beer, a few wine bottles, and a empty glass bottle of vodka on the floor next to the chair. "I payed them to keep their mouths shut" He hissed, crushing a beer bottle and dropping it to the floor with the other cans

Walking around, I saw his face was sunken slightly like he'd been without sleep and food for days. Dark bags hung under his eyes, and his hair was messy yet still sexy. He had a 5 o'clock shadow that was slowly turning into a beard. A bottle of vodka sat on his lap, almost all the way empty.

"Yeah. You didn't answer my text, or calls. You didn't't come to school and I got worried" I trailed off, moving the beer to the side and sinking to my knees. "You haven't been sleeping or eating.." I observed, putting my hand on his warm cheek.

"Nothing seems worth it without you. And will you please stop acting like you care? It's not fair to me, Allie." He said, lifting the bottle to his lips and taking a swig. I watched the clear liquid bubble as he drank, wishing I could throw it at the wall so he would be aware of our conversation.

The hardest thing was the 'Allie' part. It was my name after all, but to him i'd almost always been Princess, Cupcake, Baby, Peaches, and other pet names.

Moving my hand to his chest, I felt the roughness of the t-shirt that hadn't been washed in days. "I do care, Sam. More than you know, so stop trying to push me away, you're my Pregnancy Craving. I love you" I whispered, moving my hand to his bicep and running down his smooth arm till our fingers brushed against each others. Leaning down, I rested my lips against his arm breathing in his scent.

"It's not the type of love I want from you, Allie" He yelled, standing up and throwing the vodka at the wall where it smashed. He walked to the wall and pounded his fist against it "I want you to want to be with me. Not because you feel like you have to, or i'm pressuring you to do something. And my mate will sure as Hell not friend zone me" He said, winding his arm back and punching the wall so hard the drywall broke.

Breathing in, I walked over quietly and layed my head against his sweaty back. Wrapping my arms around his waist, I held him to me as he repeatedly punched the wall. "I want to be with you Sam, I love you so much. I was just scarred." I whispered, feeling his hands on mine.

He felt the ring on my left hand, and pulled it away from his abdomen. "You're wearing it.." He whispered, turning around so our chest bumped together. "I don't want to be apart from you, Sam. We're freaking mates, and not being with you hurts.. I was thinking in the car, and we don't have to get married right away. It's the commitment you want from me, and I can give it to you.." I trailed off, pulling him down so our lips where almost touching "And even if i'm not ready now, I will be. Soon." Wiping my thumbs across his cheeks, I leaned my forehead against his.

"I was so angry-" He tried, but I silenced him by putting my finger on his lips "Let's stop living in the past. Today is the first day of the rest of our lives. You and me baby, against the world" I swallowed, letting my tears fall down my cheeks.

"I don't think I can wait till our wedding night" Sam breathed against my lips, and I closed my eyes "Neither can I".

No, it's not the end. Not even close! Question of the chapter:

Every things going to perfect. What do you think will happen next?