Chapter Seven

Dedicated to Jarassi, one of my best friends <3 Happy Sweet 16th today!! xoxo bebz

and HAPPY EASTER my amazing readers :3 !!

Sorry for the lack of story in the previous chapter. Not that it's any excuse, but I had so many assignments and so much study to do, and I hadn't uploaded for so long that I thought it was better than nothing, haha! Well, either way, I hope you enjoy this new chapter!

Also, I've entered this story for the Watty Awards 2012! At the time I post this chapter, it's at #667 for the Romance genre, with 2,670 reads and 125 votes. I'd really appreciate it if you could help promote/spread my story, and also give me any feedback you think could improve my work, and tell me what you like about it!

Thanks again!

xx ChontelleLouise

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

After spending some time in town with Mark, I got home with half an hour to spare. Originally, I had planned on going straight upstairs and watching TV until the Benson's came around, but now for some reason, I wanted to dress up a little.

I found a cute black halter dress, with a red heart shaped brooch to the left of the waist. It was perfect - cute and simple, yet still a little bit fancy. I slipped it on and paired it with some old black ballet flats.

As I finished brushing my hair and putting on a little foundation, I heard a car pull up out front. The Benson's were here.

I made my way out, hoping I could get upstairs quickly before they saw me. I opened the door, and walked straight into Gabriel Benson.

"H-hi" I stuttered, stupidly. Great Ari, just great. Now your hot english teacher thinks you're an idiot! Wait, did I just say hot?

"Good evening, Arriarne. Good to see you too," he says, with a light-hearted laugh and a smirk on his face, before motioning for me to go upstairs ahead of him. I quickly make my way up the stairs and into the dining room of 'my' house. Geesh, I don't think I'll ever get used to calling it mine.

I slowly dragged my chair out from under the table and plonked down into it. Of course, I had been seated next to Mr Benson. It seemed to be some kind of a cruel joke, my father and step-mother forcing me to spend so much time out of school with my 'sarcastic' dickhead of a teacher. Granted, he was pretty damn good looking, but in all honesty that only seemed to make things worse.

Though tonight, my mind was elsewhere. I was still trying to wrap my head around what I'd witnessed earlier on today. Was that normal behaviour for them? Poor Tori, I thought.

"Arriarne, Ari..." I heard a voice say, snapping me out of my thoughts and back into reality. I blushed, realising that the voice had been Gabriel's, and everyone was staring at me.

"So, how was everyone's day?" I ask, quickly changing the subject to turn the attention away from myself. Luckily, they all seemed to be willing to let this one slide in order to share about their day.