The First Deal

"Listen to me, Amory," Flynn calls out, running after me as I push open the front doors. "Amory!" Heads turn towards me, eyes locked upon the scene before them as either, from the viewer, their future alpha runs after a heartbroken pack member, or the 'bad boy' of the school runs after the best friend of Augustus.

As I reach the parking lot, I know he's gaining on me. Hell, he even parked two cars down from me unlike across the whole parking lot. Yesterday he said those words that sent me running home, on my own two feet and not looking back. Flynn didn't come after me, knowing rather to respect my personal space than intrude. How can this even be happening? How can he just say something like that to a girl who has found her mate and he has a mate somewhere out there? Hell, he should of found his mate two years ago when most of his title do. He should know that his mate awaits him, somewhere out there in this world that is tainted by sin.

"Amory, just listen to me," Flynn explains, grabbing my arm as I approach my little, blue Prius. I remember the first time I drove it here, Augustus made fun of it in a friendly manor, a smile gracing my face as I playfully punched his shoulder. Now this car is my escape from the world. All I do is drive away. "Just listen."

"You have a mate out there, Flynn," I snap, looking to the future Alpha, those green eyes meeting mine. "You know I have found my mate. You cannot just go saying these words to me. You cannot just say these phrases when I'm in a rough patch in my life."

"A mate that doesn't even know what he means to you," Flynn argues, grabbing ahold of my shoulders as he presses me lightly against my car. "Augustus does not see you as anything more than a friend and you still go for it. I don't have a mate, I don't think I'll ever get one, and here you are, the girl that has me head over heels for you like some cliché dumb blond movie."

I know Flynn is wrong. I know he is. Augustus, the words he spoke to me, how he did feel something. That kiss meant something to Augustus and I know that because of that, there is hope for me. Hope that the moon goddess may finally be answering my prayers.

"You're wrong," I snap, shoving at Flynn, seeing from the corner of my eyes Augustus waking out from the school. The last thing I want is for him to interfere here. Not because he is my mate, but because he is my best friend, and he knows he will do whatever it takes to protect me. Maybe there's a mate bond too that includes that, but Augustus has always seen me as his best friend. Sure, now he is beginning to feel things, but I know that in the end, he will chose Molly because he loves her more. But I have a mate. Flynn still has his to find and I cannot come in his way of that. "You have a mate and once you find her, you will know that what I saw is only helping you."

"What you're doing is denying both of us of a beautiful relationship."

There he goes. He just took out the big guns by saying relationship. He dropped the bomb and I know he's will stay fixated upon that thought. "We hardly know anything about-

"Hey! Flynn, what's going on?"

I'm screwed.

Augustus is speed-walking over, his eyes fixed upon the two of us. Already I know it's the mate bond. He's protective and jealous. This whole day is only going to get worse now. "What's going on, Flynn?" Augustus demands, shoving the future Alpha. Released from Flynn's grasp, my eyes widen as Augustus takes ahold of Flynn's leather jacket, pulling him close for intimidation. "Amory, are you okay?" Augustus asks, looking over his shoulder to me as I can hear Moly calling out his name. This is where it gets even messier.