The Lone Wanderer

I watch him, how his chest rises and falls peacefully as I run a stressful hand through my hair. With his blood cleaned up, his busted lip healing, his gashes still looking rough, black eye still making me worried, and his once dislocated shoulder back in place, I want to know what happened. What he meant by him finally being free. Placing my head down on the side of the bed, I lace my fingers with his, tears still forming as I still replay an hour ago in my head. My phone rings once more, my body too emotionally drained to even think about a social conversation as I just want to know if Flynn is okay. If he will wake up soon? Looking up, I rest my chin upon my hand, watching his hunter green eyes still shut as I just want to see them open. I just want to see him opening his eyes and a smile grace his face.

As the sun is gone, the moon out and bright tonight, I wipe away another tear, taking in every detail of his face. Taking ahold of my nerves, I gather myself to my feet, taking in a shaky deep breath as I become light-headed. "What are you free from?" I ask myself, thinking of all the possibilities. He's either a rogue because he told his father he did not want to be an Alpha, or he told his father he doesn't want to be Alpha and his father beat the shit out of him. "What are you free from?"

For the next two hours I sit beside Flynn, stressed beyond belief as my parents are just down the hall. They know of Flynn being here, of the bad state he is in, and how he does not want to be Alpha. My eyelids are heavier than ever, hard to stay awake as the hours take forever to go by. "Flynn," I whisper, my voice shaky as I rest my chin on my hand, close to his face as my eyes water. "Please be okay. I love you," I whisper, shutting my eyes as I find myself drifting off into a much needed sleep that I have tried to prolong. The moment I take in one last deep breath, I sense something. A movement.

My eyes peel open to see his fingers twitch, his pointer curl as his thumb does as well. He's waking up. Instantly I lace my fingers with his, jolting upright to meet his eyes that are barely open.

"Amory," he barely even is able to whisper, meeting my stare. I move fast, my hands cupping his face as I plant a soft kiss upon those lips. My heart fills with joy to see him awake. "Amory?" I nod, pulling back as he tries to sit up.

"What is it?" I ask, knowing that he's using much of his energy to just stay awake.

"I told my father that I love you..." He whispers, offering my a lopsided smile as I know he is in pain. "I told him he could fuck off and he listened as I told him I have no interests to be the next Alpha." That's why he's beaten. "He wants to make me a rogue and my mother has threatened to leave him if he does that."

I nod, watching as Flynn lays back down, grabbing my hand as he lightly tugs me closer. Once second I'm sitting beside him and shortly after I am beside Flynn, my face in a pillow as I close my eyes. He's asleep, needing his rest as I think of what is in store for Flynn. I cannot drift off into the awaiting arms of sleep, but rather my mind is filed with thoughts that act like a caffeine to my body. My tired body with a mind that is unable to calm itself down.

The sun rises as it will everyday, the sky filled with vibrant blues as I stretch out my arms. Knowing the bags under my eyes are present, they do not even compare to the signs of torment upon Flynn's body. As his chest rises and falls, my heart clenches as I see his torso bruised black and purple, small scabs now where the claw marks wounded him greatly. His face is busied and some dry blood still present as I push my self up into my elbows, looking at Flynn as I wonder what to do. Taking in a deep breath, I get out of bed, preparing for the day as I take a long shower, changing into old and comfy clothes as I still hear no movement from where Flynn lays. The second I step out of my bathroom, I'm surprised to find him sitting up, hissing in pain.

Instantly I run over to him, helping him sit up as my hands are careful where to press. "Advil?" I ask, taking his face in my hands as those beautiful green eyes connect with mine and my wolf does backflips. He doesn't say anything, rather pushing himself off of my bed as he towers over me. "Flynn?"