Intimicy (Epilogue)

Dear Reader

He was never mine. He could never be mine. I know that now, I've known that for four years now. After all, all it took was one simple act of intimacy and he had fallen head over heels for me. All it took was one simple act of intimacy and I soon learned the truth about how mates function. I learned that the mate bond did not make you in love with your mate, but with the idea.

I understand that. I understand that destiny is not what people make it out to be. It's your choice that is important, not destiny.

I watch him, the small girl by his side, her hand in his, her blond curls and bright green eyes. She has her mother's eyes and her father's hair. As I look at the small child, I see that if I had believed in destiny, she would not be here today. He looks happy as she walks beside him, a bright pink bow in her hair as her father looks to the woman beside him. His places a soft kiss upon his wife's cheek, her red hair pulled back, her bright green eyes causing me to think back to the night I saw them first kiss. The nights I watched in agony as my true soul mate was feet apart from me.

Everything worked out well in the end, how I now sit in the booth of this family-owned restaurant. How I now sit watching a family I could of made disappear if I was stupid in following traditions. All it took was for me to see how blind I was, how Augustus May of been the perfect boy in my mind at the time, but he was never my perfect match. I see that now, how Molly was his perfect match, how they look at one another with pure love that could warm any icy heart.

Augustus thanked me in the end. On his wedding day he thanked me for all I had done for his life. I remember rejecting him, how he found out about the supernatural. I never wanted him to know what I was, afraid he could not keep a secret. Afraid he would never want to see me again. He was afraid, submerging himself in a world that not many are used to. He told me how he did not want to raise a family in a world where monsters lurked, but I proved him wrong on what the definition of monster was. I show him that our world was one to not be afraid of, that I was someone to be trusted even if I was what he once called a monster. Now he raises his daughter knowing about a world of creatures so few even have beliefs about.

To him I am not just the shy girl he saw one day at school who he became best friends with. To him I am no longer just the best friend through high school that created beautiful memories that still cause me to smile today.To him I am the godmother to his daughter and his wife's Maid of Honor. I had patched things up with them that summer before college. Molly became my rock while Flynn was gone and taking a break from the pressures of his family. As Molly and I became good friends, soon enough Augustus and I fixed those tears in our friendship. After all those years, Molly has become one of my best friends and Augustus is still my best friend. In the end, we are all still linked together, putting the bitter parts of our memories behind us as we still smile and make memories that we are proud of.

They cross the street, coming to dinner with me as I hold the envelope in my hands. The envelope that holds such an importance to me that I had to just call them up and invite them to a dinner. As the bell rings once the door opens, I rise to my feet, waving to Augustus, Molly, and Quinn. Quinn waves back, the three year old letting a bright smile appear on her face as she runs over to me. Last Christmas I had enjoyed Christmas Eve a bi with them, spending much time with their daughter as she told me I was one of her best friends. Augustus now raises their daughter with who he once thought was a monster because of what I am. He raises his daughter with a werewolf as her godmother.

"Amory, how are you?" Molly asks, pulling me in for a hug as Augustus helps his daughter into a seat. "What is this big news about?"

I had flown in from Colorado to see them, to visit and tell them the news back home. Back here to bring them news of something big and exciting for everyone I hold dear to me. My parents discovered last night at a game night in my childhood house.

"And where is your husband?" Augustus asks, looking around as I twirl the ring around on my finger. I married a computer programmer two years ago while in my sophomore year of university. I married my soul mate and I've never look back. I've never been happier either.

"Where's Uncle Flynn?" Quinn asks, looking around for Flynn, the man I married. He proposed out of the blue one night, after a stressful week of finals in his dorm. With a blizzard having moved in, I found myself in his apartment, cold and tired from the storm. We were taking shelter from the winter cold and he got down onto one knee, tears spilling from my eyes, and his love infinite. He asked me to marry him simply, nothing fancy or ostentatious, he got down onto one knee and told me words that no poet could ever recreate.

"He forgot his phone in our car," I explain. I married a man with Alpha blood. I watched as my husband rejected the life of an Alpha because he did not believe in destiny, but making his own choices. He deemed himself a rogue after his father threatened to do so, a father who he forgave but has not seen for four years. Alpha Cade was rejected by his own people, the pack agreeing without any disagreement on his rejection and for his Luna to take the title of Alpha. Now the Luna is the Alpha, running our pack strong as she still welcomes us back as her family. The pack has never been stronger nor has ever felt like such a family. Their doors are still open to us, but Flynn and I are both rogues, enjoying the freedom as I know we both have no desire to take up the responsibilities that are still open to us back here. For now we live life in the mountains of Colorado, enjoying the freedom and human realm as we know that one day we may have to take up those roles.

"What is the news?"

The door rings, my heart skipping a beat as I meet those hunter green eyes. He runs a hand through his black locks, smiling my way as Molly and Augustus greet him with smiles. "Did you tell them?" He asks, pulling me in for a side hug as he places a kiss upon my forehead. I feel perfectly placed within his embrace, as of the Moon Goddess made him just for me and I just for him.

"I was waiting for you," I explain, handing Molly and Augustus over the envelope. Pride swells in my heart and I can tell Flynn is excited for their reaction, how he straightens his posture and holds me closer.

Their eyes widen.

"Are you serious?" Molly gasps, looking my way, looking me up and down as Flynn smiles. He's proud. Hell, his coworkers tell me he reminds them everyday. The moment we found out he called his mom and informed her, crying on the phone as he said that he loved me so much.

"Three months serious," Flynn comments, holding me even closer as they look at the sonogram of our child. Our child. Our family. Soon there will be a mini Flynn or Amory running across the floors of our house. Soon we will have a family, a child to raise as year's lay before us for that happiness.

We take our seats, chatter filling the air as we talk our way through the evening. Flynn takes ahold of my hand, squeezing it softly as I don't need to remind myself that I am happy. I don't need a reminder anymore, because I wake up every day and the first thing I see are beautiful hunter green eyes that hold so much love in them I could swear I am reliving our wedding day. Every morning I wake up to a soft kiss and him telling me that he loves me while every night the last thing I see are his eyes.

All is well because I did not let one act of intimacy mark my destiny. All is well because I said screw destiny and tradition, because I made my choice and my choice was not a glue stick, but superglue.

The End