Ticket to Ride

"Are you sure everything is in your bag?" Mom asks on the other line, concern in her tone as I roll my eyes.

"I'm pretty sure everything is packed,"
I reply for her satisfaction, taking ahold of my small luggage as we enter the elevator. My mom wishes me a good next two days, explains for me to enjoy myself and not do anything dumb, to call her every night, and not run off and get drunk. "Love you too," I close the call with her, placing my phone back in my jacket as an arm wraps around my shoulder. "So we visit tomorrow?" I ask, refreshing my tired mind on the plan as Flynn nods.

Luna Willow is with us, dressed in a beautiful pale pink dress, her hair pinned back in a bun, and flawless. Part of the Luna's duty is to be the face of the pack, to dress appropriately and show other packs how they pack holds them self. How Luna Willow dressed let's other packs know we are powerful and friendly, open to new partnerships, but we are not to be disappointed. If people say Alpha Cade, they would see a pack of warlords for generations to come. If they truly saw the Alpha family, they would see a mess struggling to keep their mask from falling off. "Amory, are you excited?" Luna Willow asks, offering me a soft smile as I nod.

"Very, I've wanted to visit for a while now. Since I know I am going here it makes it even better," I reply, looking to Flynn as a small smile tugs at his lips. "Just sad how far it is from home." Although it's a negative aspect for me, I know Flynn is more that pleased to be states away from our home state. He's happy to be far away from his father.

As the elevator dings, we exit, walking down the long and glamorous hall to our room. Luna Willow refused to take money for the hotel or even the ticket up here, saying to take it like a graduation present from here. A very massive graduation present as we flew first class and I am now in one of the most expensive hotels in the location. The room has two King-sized beds and a couch. Naturally Luna Willow told Flynn that he would be taking the couch, as both her and I will be taking the beds. She knows we are dating and respects that, but Flynn and I also know to respect her. My respect for her skyrocketed as I saw her true loyalty for the pack, how she still keeps it together when we husband has another woman. She keeps it together when her husband is furious. But my respect for her is not the highest, as I have never seen her stand up to her husband about the issues. Yes, I've watched her force her husband into apologizing before the whole pack to his son, but if she is so strong, why can't she stand up for herself? Because she knows doing that could result in divorce or the pack splitting in two. Sometimes I see her as weak, but then I notice that she puts up with what she does because she loves her pack.

As Luna Willow unlocks the door, I turn to Flynn, seeing him texting someone very quickly. Looking away, I focus my attention upon my home for the next two nights, knowing that mother will want me to thank Luna Willow every day and night for this opportunity.

<>

By the end of the night, I've brushed my teeth, washed my hair, and have changed into shorts and an old shirt, the Luna strolling out of the bathroom and to her bed as I can hear the city just outside. The lights of the city disappear as she shut the curtains, wishing me a good night as she climbs into her bed. Within five minutes she's fast asleep as I sit at the desk, the screen of my phone the only light as I know just behind the door to my left is where Flynn is. He's awake, I am fully aware as I can hear his music playing. We made a plan this evening at dinner. Thankfully it just happened to be a great plan because the Luna takes medical drugs prescribed to her to fall asleep fast and stay asleep. Flynn was basically on cloud nine the second he remembered that factor.

I softly open the door, moving past it fast as I shut it softly. The second the door is shut, I turn around to have my clothes thrown at me. Grabbing ahold of the clothing articles, I look up to see Flynn, smiling as he's all set for the night, nothing that you would expect someone like him to wear for a walk downtown, but presentable. Sweatpants and a soccer shirt from his select team, his hair messily combed back, and his green eyes bright with excitement.