A Simple Thank You

"Are you sure?"

"I promised you I would. I will not break a promise," I confirm, grabbing his arm. Pulling the future Alpha back from the door, I take in a deep breath. "You asked for my help and I promised I would help you." Flynn nods, trying to relax as I can tell he is nervous. "Let's go."

He nods, placing his hands in his pockets as time begins to run out. After all, in two hours I walk down the rows of chairs and receive my diploma. For now, I am at the front door of Flynn's place, the massive double doors awaiting the two of us. I've been here multiple times, for pack meeting or dinners with the Alpha's family. It's a blessing to be invited here. However, I'm not here for good terms with the Alpha and Luna, as I am about to aid their son in telling them off. To let him control his future and not be subject to their decisions for him.

I want to bring up something with Flynn, something that refers to the other night. A single wolf howl that filled the air let me know that Flynn had seen what went on. He saw what happened, he was there when Augustus and I concluded that we no longer wanted to be apart. Hell, this morning Augustus drove over to Molly's house, calling me afterwards to inform me that they were no more. Molly and Augustus are on an official break, broken up as I feel all the blame. I broke apart two individuals, but she was never his to begin with.

"Ready?" I ask, removing my hand from Flynn's arm as the hunter green eyes follow my actions. Reaching for the handle upon the the door, I motion for Flynn to follow. Flynn nods, straightening out his black shirt as he's nervous, watching as the door fully opens. The first steps I take across the white, marble floors, they echo in the grant entrance, a circular room before me as a staircase lines the walls. Archways lead to three different rooms, each with polished mahogany floors, chandeliers in each one as I wonder where his parents are.

"Kitchen," Flynn explains, motioning to the left archway where a massive dinning room is located. Entering the room, I'm presented the long table, perfectly placed chairs around the table, and a Persian rug under. With a doorway to the left, Flynn makes a short stop. "I'll go in first," he comments, taking in a deep breath as I offer him a gentle smile.

Heading in after Flynn, I see his parents, the Alpha and Luna, sitting at the table beside marble cabinets. "Amory, what a surprise dear," Luna Willow greets, her pearly whites on display as she gets to her feet. Dressed in pastel pink, she looks stunning, her jet black hair pulled into a sleek ponytail, and her hazel eyes meeting mine. "Cade, come and greet Amory," she tells her husband and Alpha, the male sitting with his back to us as he looks out the massive window.

The Alpha looks around, his blond hair looking like gold in the sunlight, his dark green eyes resembling Flynn's, and his build tall and built. Flynn used to talk of his father as if the best man alive; that was until two years ago when Flynn got back from a hunt on rogues. Flynn was injured and in his time of medical attention, a rogue escaped, his father beyond enraged as he was given a lesson before all the training warriors in the pack. I wasn't there, but I hear Alpha Cade let his Beta show Flynn what happens when you let someone escape, how he landed punch after punch on the sophomore. Due to that, I understand why Flynn does not speak fondly of his father. His mother is another story, how she fought with her husband that night and forced him to apologize to not only Flynn, but the entire pack.

"What do we owe the pleasure?" Alpha Cade asks, getting to his feet as I already feel intimidated. "I hear you two are-

"We need to talk," Flynn interrupts his father, looking to me as I nod.

"Flynn, sweetie, do you find your..." I know what Luna Willow is trying to say, to ask. She wants to know if he's found his mate.

A lump forms in my throat as Flynn begins his talk. "I don't want to go to college to major in business."