Diamonds

The sun is still bright, warm against my skin as we walk along the boardwalk. The wind is strong today, my hair pulled back into a bun to keep it from hitting my face and Molly's. Molly, a girl I've found myself around very much since two weeks ago. Two weeks ago when Flynn left, I saw his family fall apart, and I found my strength in confiding in her. Confiding in her not about the werewolf community, but I told her how Flynn is in a trough situation, so bad that he had to go away and his parents came to me. Came to me and I watched as they unraveled before my very eyes. Molly helped me, staying with me and comforting me. So for two weeks we have been having our, enjoying each other's company, laughing together as if best friends for years.

For tonight we are an hour away from our town, out on the boardwalk as there's also a bonfire at the beach tonight. With the bonfire just a little bit away, we are exploring the town, enjoying the one week the two of us have left until college. The one week left until I can see Flynn. Have I heard from him? Barely. He's told me he's taking time off and is just trying to figure things out. He called me a few times, saying he cannot chat long as every call he tells me that he loves me.

Luna Willow calls me everyday, asking if I know where Flynn is. I tell her the same everyday, that I do not know, that I am just as concerned as she is.

As for right now, Molly and I walk down the wooden stairs of the pier, the sand soon under my sandals. The group of thirty that we graduated with are just down the shore, the waves massive today as most of them have brought their surfboards. Once with the group, we partake in the activities, playing soccer along the shore, racket ball, and frisbee. Before long the sun begins to set, the pink and orange hues reflected in the ocean as the music begins and a few guys toss lighter fluid into the fire. I watch the flames go up immediately, how they seem to reach the sky, the bright colors illuminated off of others faces as I dance to the music. Grabbing a can of beer, I raise it to the sky, enjoying the time as I take a swing, handing some to Molly. I need this night, to have some fun, to try and escape the crisis surrounding me. No, Molly is not an escape, I genuinely enjoy her friendship and we are hitting it off pretty well, but I still want Flynn with me.

Soon the moon is up, the few other wolves in this group all feeling even more alive as the moon calls to us. As the tide comes in, I grab a surfboard, heading out with some other guys as we head for the deep. The deep where the monsters lurk, where the creatures stay below the surface, awaiting the prey to become stupid and tread in the deep. Where the lamb trespasses into the lions territory. It's where Flynn is right now, treading in the deep end as his family places impossible pressures upon him. His father the monster that lurks for him, the pressures of Alpha lurking after him, and so much pressure that if he doesn't escape the tide, he will be lost. That's why Flynn is gone right now, he needs to think on his own. I pray to the Moon Goddess. I actually partake in the old religion of the werewolf kingdom when the tradition of prayer was highly important. There was once a time where the Priestesses of the Temples were the true leaders of the werewolf kingdom and we were to pray. I've prayed for the past two weeks for Flynn, for him to be safe, for him to come back home.

But what is Flynn's home? Not with his parents. Not while his father is there. Not his pack, not when they expect him to lead them for the next many years.

"Amory," someone calls motioning to the wave approaching as I get ready to ride it. As the wave comes, I push off, riding the wave easily back to the shore as I let the wave fall over me in the end. As the water envelops me, I listen to the beating of my heart, trying to calm my mind as I resurface. Taking in a deep breath, I open my eyes, pushing my hair back as I look to the shore.

It feels like I'm in a trance as the moonlight shines upon me, how I feel like I am just stuck in a trance. In a routine. I head back to where the group is again, waiting another wave as I spot Molly by the shore, running with wide arms to where Augustus is. He planned to be here after all. As I watch the two of them, I feel jealous, not because this time I hate Molly because she has Augustus, but because I want that. I want that to be me right now, with Flynn, greeting him after two weeks of his departure. I want to see him, to see his smile, to hold him close, even if just a hug. I miss him more than I ever missed Augustus. More than I ever wanted Augustus when he was Molly's.