Camp Flynn

My duffle bag is loaded, my hair pulled back in a braid as the wind is fierce today. With my change of clothes, a few running shoes, and one formal outfit for the closing night of the two weeks, I have everything that I will need. My phone is secured in my pocket, on silent as my parents have discussed with me how the pack warriors take away our phones the first night. No electronics because we have to become more 'in tune with nature.' These two weeks are basically training, a bit of social anxiety, eating, and sleeping as we are cut off from the outside world except for the electricity and AC within the pack house. Don't get me wrong, the pack house is not some random log cabin locked in the middle of no where. Although it's smack in the middle of the forest of our pack's territory, the house is massive, a huge dining hall, living area, entrance, and tons of bedrooms. Only werewolves were hired to design and build the house as it contains passageways, extra rooms that only the Alpha and the elders know about, and tons of bedrooms the size of college dorms.

"Just be safe and don't break a bone," my mother states, kissing my forehead as my father hops into the truck. He'll be dropping me off and leaving me for two weeks. It sucks. The only people who actually live at the pack house are the pack warriors, a few elders, the doctor, and the Alpha whenever he's going through a workaholic phase. "Love you."

"Love you too," I reply, hopping into the truck as we leave for the pack house, a good thirty minutes through a thick forest and a dirt road.

Within that time, the pack house is before us, a gate opening as our car rolls through, traveling up the private drive as the brick road is under the tires now. Before my eyes lays a beautiful manner, modern architecture as the windows and wide and tall, the house open, the double doors of the entrance pulled open, the white stone having some vibes traveling up to the third floor, and other cars as well unloading as I recall people from my newly graduated class. Maybe I'll get lucky and these two weeks will be fun, or maybe they will be like hell as I am separated from my mate.

As I unload and grab my bag for the next two weeks, I wave bye to my father, traveling up the steps and into the house as the scent of pine fills my nostrils. They said it would rain tonight, which sucks because we have a night run through the forest. Waving hi to a few people, I check in with a warrior of the pack, handing him my phone as he hands me my room key and number. Looking to the grand entrance of the house, my feet carry me across the polished wooden floor, up the wooden stairs, and onto the third floor as the carpet is now beneath my worn tennis shoes. As I get into my room, a smile spreads across my face to see a girl who I got along with quite nicely is going to be my roommate for these two weeks.

"Scared, excited, or regretting every coming?" Yvette asks, pulling her strawberry blond hair up into a bun. "Because I just want this week to be done and I'll be tanning in the Bahamas once this is done. "

"I want to get it over with," I reply, placing my things upon the freshly made bed. The maids will clean the room for us while we train in the mornings. "I just don't see the point of this really. We take defense classes through our childhood and more when we finally shift. I don't get why this is necessary."

"Honestly, I see their reasoning, but we can defend for ourselves. It's not too common to run into a witch or vamp on campus because they don't really live in this country. Witches are for Europe and vampires for Canada or Russia." I nod in agreement, looking out the window to see people around and chatting. By the end of the night we will of hear all the rules and be on a run. For the past week I've gone on a run every morning before Augustus and I get together for the afternoon. He didn't like the idea of me being gone for so long but he wished for me to have fun with the aunt I will actually not be seeing.

In two hours the opening meeting is finished, the rules read, and no sight of Flynn as we are told to come to the north edge of the forest by subset. Only problem: there's a downpour of rain and no sun to be seen.