Engender Eventualities

23rd November, Thursday, 11:35 am

Two months had passed and I was getting antsy. We knew who Aerofire was but who was Geowater? We couldn't ask Aerofire because he won't tell us and we couldn't exactly torture him for information. I'd actually grown fond of the twerp.

I glanced up from the book I'd been staring at for the past ten minutes and decided it was high time we begin a serious search. If you've been wondering where all the high tech aspect of a spy has been in our lives, it shows up now.

As secret agents, we had certain access to technology and if we didn't, we took it anyways. Closing the book gently because I knew for a fact that Eve was somewhere here in the library and she would hulk out on me if anything happened to the book, I put it back in its place and left the library. If my memory served me correctly (which it always did) my brother had gym right now and I'm sure he'd appreciate my busting him out. Expertly manouvering the halls, I made my way to the the gym court and took a deep breath.

I poked my head in through the door and immediately everyone's attention was fixed on me. Brilliant, atrention, just what I needed. Not letting that faze me, I walked confidently towards coach and flashed him a tentative smile. Most of the students by now were eying me in curiosity, disgust or openly checking me out. "What would you need Winston?" Coach said, looking at me tiredly. I could feel Noah's questioning gaze burning into the side of my skull; he wanted to know what the hell I was doing.

"Coach, I'm here to get my brother. Our godfather just called me up and told us to get home because he has to leave for some business related trip, urgently" I lied smoothly. It sounded legit and it was the first thing that came to mind so, yeah, there.

Coach raised an eyebrow. "He could have just called the office" he said skeptically, not believing me. "He did, some freshman came by to get me" I countered evenly. "Fine," he relented at last. I smiled at him thankfully before turning to Noah and jerking my head towards the door. He didn't argue, he just followed closely behind.

Once we were out with the door shut and coach yelling, he turned to me. "What the heck was that?" Noah asked me with wide eyes. "We're going home, kicking out Easton and getting to work" I answered with no room for argument. "And I suppose we'll need the other three for this" Noah asked, crossing his arms and looking at me exasperatedly. I shook my head with a small smile.

"Neither of them are trained enough for that... Except for maybe Ollie, but she has Biology right now and we don't have any excuse to drag her out so, it's just us" I informed him. And yes, we'd learned each other's schedules- all five of us.

"But what if he asks at the office about this?" Noah said, waving towards the gym and obviously talking about coach. "We're secret agents. Faking this shit is our specialty" I whispered mischievously. Noah shook his head with a small grin on his face. "Okay fine, just let me go get changed" he laughed softly. I waved him away before sighing and leaning against the lockers.

"Cameron?" A disbelieving voice asked from down the hallway. I shot straight up and looked for the person only to find Ryder standing there, a pile of books in hand. I hadn't really gotten to Ryder all that well, he was mainly Aiden's friend, not mine. (Were Aiden and I even friends if everything he knows about me is a lie?)

"Hey," I waved awkwardly. "What are you doing here, shouldn't you be in class?" He asked, walking closer. I shrugged. "Free period, godfather, phone call, brother, home." I summed up. He blinked back his confusion and shook his head amusedly. "Okay, sure" Ryder chuckled. I grinned deviously until my brother showed up, dressed in his normal clothes.

"Who are you?" Noah asked, coming up behind me, arms crossed and glare fixed. I rolled my eyes at him. Ryder, on the other hand, gulped. "Umm, I'm Ryder, one of Aiden's friends. Just came to say hello" he said nervously. Noah was doing this thing where he'd stand tall and channel his inner government assassin to become super intimidating. Nobody survives it without feeling at least a little bit of fear, except for maybe East, Ace and I.