Reappearance of the Stone

27 November, Saturday, 8:40 am

I gazed up at the looming structure of the warehouse that Cataclysm left the details to. Everything about the situation screamed trap but I couldn't tell that to Noah.

Mainly because he was determined to get Scarlett back and pretty much looked worried sick and heartbroken. Mostly because he was going at it from the anger point of view and I had no interest in getting my neck snapped.

"This can't be it," Streak murmured, looking at the building apprehensively.

"Probably has an underground addition that is ridiculously high tech. The usual," Comet agreed. 

"How absolutely freaking great," Justice grumbled. I shot her an amused look knowing full well that she dreaded silent infiltration. She was more of the... run in with raging missile guns, grab the person who needed saving and run out yelling, "Eat that, losers!" type.

"Whenever you guys are ready," Hunter muttered annoyedly. 

He'd been like that since yesterday when I'd quickly pointed out that we'd need legit excuses to get away from the Cranfords without raising suspicion for if we didn't come back all night long, which we most probably wouldn't.

Literally, the first thing Streak said to him today morning was, "What's crawled up your butt and died?"

It was slightly ridiculous because 8 out of 10 chances were that we would never see Scarlett again and he couldn't be in love with the girl in the span of, like, nearly 3 months.

Nevertheless, I shipped them and understood the need to have my real life OTP together again.

"Let the shit hit the fan," I muttered under my breath.

Gods, I was so right with that statement.

As it turned out, the creepy warehouse did, in fact, have an underground high tech addition.

Totally called it.

We'd split up because we could cover more ground that way. Hunter got the upper levels with Streak. Justice, Comet and I took the, numerously more, lower levels. Then, we further split up, taking 3 floors each.

I knew full well that we were underestimating Cataclysm but we didn't have much choice. We couldn't let him harm an innocent bystander simply because he wanted to capture us. This was our fight and we weren't going to ket someone else pay for whatever hatred Cataclysm felt for us.

And voilà! I was right. Again. I usually am.

How did I get caught? I accidentally walked right into the main lab where there were tons and tons of guards who overpowered me after I kicked tons of ass but, alas, I was trapped.

Should I have been smarter? Definitely. Could I have avoided it? Afraid not.

I was chucked into a room on the first floor of the lower levels that was so blindingly white everywhere, I couldn't see exactly where the wall started from the floor.

My shoulder was definitely dislocated, lots of bruises and fatigue. I was caught in a hopeless mess. I could've tried using my magic to try and make my escape but there were guards stationed out, three on either side by the sounds of it, and I'd have to find the others to ensure my complete safety and there was mo risking that.

I'd probably been in there for two hours or so when a full guard formation was waiting to take me back to Cataclysm. They told me no funny business and I told them that contrary to popular belief I had a sense of self preservation.

I nearly cracked their masks so count me victorious.

When we finally got there, the rest of my team mates were strapped to vertical tables looking very disgruntled and deflated.