Logicians

28 November, Sunday, 9:45 am

When I finally came around, I was lying on a foreign bed in a room I'd never been in so, understandably, I panicked.

"Calm down, Cam," Noah whispered soothingly.

His familiar voice was welcomed in the cloudiness of my confused mind and I turned to look at him with a frown. Pushing myself up till I was sitting, propped up by pillows, I raised an expectant eyebrow at him.

"You're in Aiden's room because you wouldn't fit in Abrielle's bed so, don't freak out. I told East what happened and he's trying to wrap things up as soon as he can. We managed to save Scarlett under our alter egos and we told her that you were kidnapped, too. Cam, I'm so sorry. This is all my fault," Noah rambled, his voice cracking towards the end as his crystal blue eyes filled with unshed tears.

Wordlessly, I reached out and gathered him into a hug, rubbing his back comfortingly.

"It isn't your fault. Don't blame yourself for Cataclysm's psychotic deeds," I murmured into his hair as his tears wet my shoulder.

"Yeah, but if I hadn't blindly rushed into a mess without thinking like you told me to, you wouldn't be completely powerless. Neither of us would be and I'm so sorry that you're stuck in bed because of me," he sobbed.

"Noah, you couldn't have known. It's alright, big brother. You're allowed to make mistakes to save someone you hold dear. Besides, I'm a trained secret agent. None of us actually need our powers to be badass. We'll still save people with the rest of S.I.A. Although, we will be like ordinary agents, we're still pretty high up in the seniority ladder. I'll live," I argued.

Noah pulled out of the hug and turned to me with a small smile.

"We'll finally get to prove the adults wrong when they say we're only skilled because of our powers," he grinned, wiping at his eyes to remove all traces of his moment of weakness.

"You're an adult," I deadpanned.

"Shut up."

With a smirk, I turned my attention to examining the gauze around my ribs.

Anne, you miracle worker. Good thing she's a nurse.

A knock sounded on the door and Aiden popped his head in.

His icy blue eyes examined me briefly before he fully stepped into the room and took a seat at the foot of the bed.

"So, want to explain? Your brother refused to say anything and I felt bad pushing him for answers when he was such a wreck," Aiden said carefully.

I quirked an eyebrow at Noah who only shrugged sheepishly.

"What is there to know?" I turned back to the black-haired boy.

"You're Mirage," he stated and I nodded in confirmation.

"Noah's Hunter, Sky's Justice and those two freshmen, Evelyn and Olive, are Comet and Streak," he stated further and I nodded again.

"What were you doing in Prime City? How did Cataclysm take your powers? How did you get them to begin with? Why were you faking your identities? Are we even actually friends or was that just an act to get closer to Aerofire?" Aiden shot off, sounding genuinely hurt at the last question.

Noah winced as I blinked at the five questions.

"I'm gonna call Sky and let her know you're alright," my brother mumbled before quickly slipping out of the room.

Aiden didn't take his piercing icy stare off me and I met his gaze evenly.

"My real name is Cameron Strong and I work as a secret agent for the Secret Intelligence Agency. It's basically an anonymous security organization that deals with all kinds of international threats; a real life S.H.I.E.L.D.