Skilled in Denial

6Th October, Monday, 7:45 am

I slammed my locker shut once I was done getting the things that I needed. "Hey" Aiden grinned at me, leaning on the locker next to mine. I blinked and took a small step backwards to avoid the personal space invasion.

"Hi" I raised an eyebrow in question. "Did you need something or...?" I trailed off, letting the question hang in the air. Aiden rubbed the back of his neck and shook his head. "Then, I'll just be going" I nodded, turning around but before I could take a step forward, Aiden stopped me.

"Actually, I was wondering if you wanted to come over today? Aunt Anne has some work to do and I need help babysitting my siblings" he said sheepishly. I turned and faced him with an amused smile playing on my lips. "Gosh Aiden, you're acting like you just asked me to help you bury the body of the guy you accidentally murdered" I smirked.

Aiden glared at me playfully. "Yeah, I'll come over if I'm free" I laughed, shaking my head slightly. "Great" Aiden smiled brightly, relief lacing itself through his voice. We'd grown kind of distant and I was fine with that. Sure, we'd be teammates in the future but I'd barely see him and frankly, who needs the drama in their life?

Then, something else grabbed my attention. I caught a flash of familiar blonde hair and green eyes. Resisting the urge to smile wickedly now that my partner in crime had finally showed up, I turned to Aiden with an innocent expression. "Is that a new kid?" I asked, my tone neutral. He turned and once he saw who I was referring to, he nodded.

"It seems like it, she looks kind of lost though. Like she's looking for someone" Aiden observed. I mentally face-palmed at Sky's non existent spy skills. She was more of an infiltrator than the undercover agent type. In other words, she couldn't usually control her emotional displays and as mean as it sounds, Sky wasn't really emotionally strong.

She always needs some level of support and constant reassurance of people not leaving her, which clashed horribly with the fact that she is too trusting.

Anyways, back to the point. "Should we help her?" I mused, not in the least sounding interested. Aiden shrugged and began walking towards her. I trailed behind him and let the smirk overtake my control. Hehehehe.

"Hi, I'm Aiden. Do you need help?" He asked politely. Sky turned to face him, the most clueless expression on her face. There was a split second pause where she seemed to be processing what was just said to her. When she finally had, her face cleared and she brightened up. "Yes, thank you! That would be great" she said, sounding ridiculously relieved.

For a brief moment, her eyes shifted to me and I met her gaze. Deciding now would be best to 'introduce' myself, I stepped up next to Aiden. "What's your locker number? I'm Cameron Winston, by the way" I tilted my head to the side and smirked. "Sky Ferraro" she nodded. Oh, so that's the last name they settled on? Sky had texted me about the ridiculous last names that Eve and Ollie were suggesting over our secured phones.

"Oh, and my locker number is 312" she answered. I grinned. "That's the locker next to mine" I informed her. Her face broke into a Cheshire cat smile. Oh, this was great. "Well then, I'll just... Leave" Aiden said awkwardly, causing the both of us to look at him. I hadn't realized that we'd ignored him slightly.

"Sorry, did we hurt your feelings princess?" I drawled. "Shut up" Aiden said, face-palming. "I'll see you in Calculus when you're not mocking me, Cam" he said, turning on his heel and marching down the halls. "Nice guy" Sky commented. "Yup".

"He's one of them, isn't he?"
"Yup"
"Were you gonna tell us?"
"Nah"

Sky sighed tiredly and shook her head. "Idiot," she muttered under her breath. I poked my tongue out at her childishly. "Well, I need to get to History right now so, I'll see you later" Sky smiled, waving slightly before brushing past me and moving down the hall. I sighed and decided to head down to Calc.