Magic Doesn't Make Me

3 December, Friday, 8:00 pm

In retrospect, rushing into another battle so soon after we lost our powers was , yet again, a major bonehead move. 

But, there we were - driving to the already clogged Rivera Bridge like the utter idiots we were. We were in costumes, but we didn't have our powers. That's okay. We'd still be able to kick major butt. It was an instinct that's impossible to shake off-defending yourself when you're constantly in danger. Wether it's going on solo missions, group missions, infiltrations, assassinations or a day of saving the people of New York, we are always in danger.

In a weird way, it's comforting. I don't know anything else. At a time, I did but, circumstances have changed that. Humans adapt to survive and that's what we've all done. Too late to go back now.

Noah was driving at breakneck speeds and Ollie was racing beside us on a bike she got from god knows where. Said she was keeping to tradition of travelling to an attack alone. "We'll be fine. We're just going to help contain the damage," Sky insisted as she caught the subtle (not really) glares Eve was shooting mercilessly at her. "You keep telling her that and maybe you'll believe yourself," Noah mumbled and he turned violently, sending us crashing into each other at the back.

"That or she'll use a humongous magnifying glass to try and burn you to death the next time you have an afternoon nap," I chimed in. Sky gulped when Eve made no move to deny it, instead nodding along as if she agreed to my statement featuring her vengeance techniques.

"We're here," Noah announced before our conversation could get more psycotic, because let's face it. We all know it was headed there.

"Thanks, brother. The screaming really didn't give it away," I rolled my eyes as I got out of the car, slamming the door shut behind me. Ollie came to a stop and got off her bike as everyone else joined me, taking a moment to just stare up at the bridge that was flaming in certain areas. Honestly, I'm surprised nobody bothered to stop the fourteen (15 in January) year old on the bike driving at extreme speeds. How oblivious are people?

Then, as if by a silent agreement, the five of us took off in the direction of the multitudes of robots fighting Aerofire and Geowater. 

When we finally made it to the opening of the ring formed by wrecked cars around the general battle ground, we readied our weapons. Only Hunter had his classic bow and arrow. The rest of us had a wide arsenal of guns, mini bombs, electrocuters, etc. on our person. It was enough to deal damage when we needed it. 

"Let the shit hit the fan," my brother muttered, knocking an arrow and pulling back the string. Letting it fly loose, we watched as it sailed through the air and hit a robot straight in the eye, blinking twice before it exploded. People from behind the police barracks immediately began pointing and exclaiming with hope.

Yeah, Elite's presence is a bit of a big deal.

The five of us took off and began doing our best to deal as much damage as we could.

I pulled out my handy throwing knife and using someone's car as a boost, hauled myself on one of Cataclysm's robots before stabbing the thing in an opening at its neck. I had a personal vendetta against these guys and I'd be damned if I didn't take it out on them. Immature? Perhaps, but it didn't matter to me.

"What are you doing here?" Geowater demanded as he joined me, back to back so we were fighting as a team. "Lovely weather. Thought I'd come to enjoy it and then my peaceful evening was interrupted by these horridly impolite robots," I answered in the most composed manner I could manage while punching a robot repeatedly in the face.

"That's great and all but, aren't you forgetting a tiny little detail," he hissed, blasting a robot with a ball of water. He levitated a chunk of the road up in the air and I spun in mid-air, kicking it to hit an Ultron hard enough to send it teetering over the edge of the bridge. They were going to have a field day picking these things out of the water. Maybe Scott would help them out.