Party in Purple

"Alright, so, according to Ryder, the stone is supposed to be somewhere on the top floor. He says we'll understand when we get there but, he sounded pretty awestruck so, expect some intimidating and impressive machinery," Aiden imformed us, leading the way through a hallway of knocked out guards. 

Thanks to the scorch marcks on the walls and once polished floors, it wasn't too hard to figure out what had taken place there prior to our escape. 

I imagined that we were like sitting ducks with our large group walking around together like a herd of sheep. This wasn't the way to perform infiltrations, and it was going to get us caught sooner or later. Annihilate could pit all his forces against us easily when we were wandering around as a pack of sorts. However, there really was no room for the thought of splitting up when most of us no longer had our comm. links, and the destination was both, obvious and common. 

He had to have predicted that Ragnald is what we would aim for next, and I expected there to be quite the resistance against us when we got there. At least, if we all fought together, we could ensure that we had each other's backs. 

Powers or not, we were a force to be reckoned with as a team. I was just hoping we would be able to get over our injuries in time for that.

As though reading my thoughts, Ollie turned around with a frown marring her features. "You guys need better protective gear," she mused out loud.

Jordan's eyebrow rose sharply, "Well, it's not like anyone amongst us has the secret ability of dress making, or, rather, costume making."

My brother turned to Aerofire immediately who in turn threw his arms up in a gesture of helplessness. "Don't look at me, man. I can toast anything for you, or make it fly, but I don't do costume making," he shook his head, causing Noah to sigh in despair and mutter what sounded suspiciously like 'Useless' under his breath. 

Ignoring Aerofire's eyes narrowing at my brother, I turned to Geowater as he began to speak. "We could find wherever they keep the guards' uniforms and change into those," he suggested with a careless shrug. 

"Is this seriously a priority right now?" Sky asked snappily, agitation ringing clearly in her voice. "We need to get that stupid stone and get back our powers as soon as possible, and I really don't think that playing dress up is what we need at the moment."

Eve nodded, already walking ahead. "I agree with her. We don't have time for this," she called over her shoulder. 

Shrugging, I followed after the younger blonde. "We'll just have to make do with what we have. Come on, aren't we used to improvising by now?"

That said, once again silence filled the air between us as we continued creeping down the suspiciously empty halls as best as we could in a group as large as ours. At some point, I had realized that all the guards we had encountered so far had been armed, and so, began collecting what weaponry they had within reach of their person.

Soon enough, my pockets were stashed with miniature flash grenades and bullets, knives were hidden in my boots, sleeves and belt, and my shoulders laden with three machine guns. Never had I felt as though I was walking into war, but right then, it sure felt like it. Bloodied and bruised, and ammunition stashed in places where it certainly shouldn't be- who would think I was seventeen-years-old?

At some point, the hallways had begun to become narrower, and more dimly lit. It wasn't the kind of silence that had previously surrounded us- this one was more sinister and anticipating. It was the kind where your ears twitched in efforts to pick up sounds you knew were there. 

This kind of silence? It was intentional.

The very moment I felt a sudden shift to my right caused due to a door being thrown open loudly, I'd flicked my wrist intending for the knife up my sleeve to slide down into my awaiting grip and threw it at the soldier before he could pull the trigger his finger rested against. Pulling out the blade form his neck just as his body began to fall towards the ground, I whirled around and sliced at another source of movement behind me.