Chapter 2

This chapter might, and probably is, not as good as the first chapter since yeah, half of it was written at school, and this could all be considered filler since I'm just trying to move the story along. xD Either way, I hope you guys enjoy it anyway! <3

Chapter 2

You could hear their voices. Their voices, echoing and bouncing off the walls in your head, growing louder and louder with each word. Their voices, accompanied by dark, dimmed images that made you squint. Their voices, and the images, making your ears ache and your eyes bleed. All of it, combined, making you panic, making you feel trapped, powerless, scared.

"...Mom? Mom, are you there?" You could feel heat, licking greedily at your tear-stained face.

Then, a pale face, smiling reassuringly. "I promise I'll catch up, Mom'll be fine!" That loving face suddenly began to spin, faster and faster, to the point it became nothing but a ghostly-coloured blur, its features indistinguishable-

And then it abruptly came to a stop. Its eyes and lips had gone a poisonous black.

It opened up its mouth, revealing what was surely an endless void, and screamed an ear-splitting screech that rattled your soul, your brain, your entire being, that made you shriek out in agony as tears uncontrollably came streaming down your cheeks, tears that burned into your skin like acid-

"(Y/N)! (Y/N), wake up!" A hand had gripped your shoulder, shaking it gently.

You sat up hastily with a light gasp, quickly blinking away the tears you were so sure clung still at your face.

Distraught and confused, you stammered out fearfully, "M-Mom?"

"You're awake! It's me, Bart!"

As you turned toward the voice, such words were confirmed. Bart was grinning widely, supposedly in relief. He questioned, "Are you all right? You were moving and saying stuff while you slept!"

"Really?" You weren't really shocked at this though. With a shrug, you plainly replied, "I guess I am... Just a bad dream."

Just a bad dream, all right. One you were quite familiar with, which explained why you were recovering from it so swiftly.

"Well, you don't have to worry now!" Your companion exclaimed, seeming completely oblivious to your lingering distress. "Either way, it's time for you to wake up for school!"

You felt annoyance swell up in your chest at these words. With a groan, you over onto your stomach and buried yourself into your pillow. "...Bart."

"Yeah?"

"It's the weekend."

"...Oh." Realization finally dawned upon his face, but of course, it wasn't long before his smile came back. "Well, all the more reason to wake up! We have lots of having-fun to do! What do you want to do, run, eat-"

"I want to sleep !" You growled, glaring over at him. "Go do something, anything , give me some peace!"

"All right!" Your attitude toward him didn't change his at all. "Later~!"

And off he zoomed.

Sheesh... You eagerly pulled your blankets over your head, wanting to isolate yourself from your apartment's chilly air.

Did anything ever trouble that speedster? Couldn't he be nothing but happy?

No, you reflected, no, he couldn't. All he knew, and was programmed for, was happiness. It was the only emotion he could understand...