Chapter 14

I'll be super honest, I'm not very satisfied with this chapter but, I know you guys will sooooooo eh. I'm just glad to finally move on from the part of the story that had jammed me to the point of putting it on hiatus! I hope you guys enjoy, and tell me what you think!!

Chapter 14

You were jolted out of your peaceful slumber when suddenly, a heavy object fell down on you, squishing you to death against your stone-hard bed mattress. Struggling underneath the suffocating weight, you let out a muffled squeak before managing to barely save your skin from a certain doom--

By falling off the bed.

You let out a groan as you mournfully dragged your hand across your face, before looking up at your attacker with a glare. "What the hell was that for--?"

Your voice trailed off when you realized that the speedster was fast asleep, spread out over your bed as he snored softly. ...Sheesh, you couldn't possibly blame him, after the number of hours he had spent watching over the Kid Flash...

Your irritation giving way to your secret affection for the boy, you got to your feet and observed him quietly for a few moments. ...Poor him. He must be so exhausted... A good breakfast would surely do him some good...

Happy with this idea, you smiled to yourself before sneakily leaving the room, not wanting the male to wake up just yet.

The food you were preparing was barely ready when you heard slow, tired footsteps bouncing off the apartment walls. About to greet the familiar newcomer like you did every morning, you turned away from the kitchen--

Only to come head-on with a rather unfamiliar face.

Letting out a squeak of surprise, you backed away from the stranger. However, your foot catching beneath the stove along the way, you found yourself falling backwards, and instinctively reached back to catch yourself. Which resulted in you burning your hands against the hot surface.

Your squeak now one of pain, you abruptly stood back up, holding your injured member.

"I-I'm sorry, I didn't mean to scare you!" Green eyes holding worry, although they weren't quite like Bart's. The redhead took a step forward, gently tending out toward you. "Here, let me help-"

Fear shooting through your body, you let out a small gasp, shrinking away from the taller being. "D-Don't touch me, Kid Flash!!"

A confused look fell over said program's freckled face, although before he could quite do anything more, a blur sped into the room, stopping in front of you.

"(Y/N)!! Are you okay?? I heard you cry out!" A frown, coupled with worried, familiar emerald eyes.

Relaxing now that Bart was here, you slowly nodded. "Y-Yeah, I'm fine. I just got surprised by..." Your voice trailed off as you glanced over at the other male, who had guiltily averted his gaze.

Bart's eyes went wide in awe at the sight of the other speedster, whom he had just noticed. Taking a step closer toward him, he lowly pronounced, "You... Woke up?"

The Kid Flash dared look over at you two, and gave off a weak smile. "Yeah. ...I'm sorry for scaring you, I swear I really didn't mean to..."

Returning the smile, you softly reassured him, "It's okay. I just didn't think it was you."

...Huh. How odd. You had honestly expected yourself to feel uncomfortable, to be afraid, in the presence of the very model that was responsible for the loss of your family. But... You actually felt curious above anything else...

Crossing your arms, you observed the teen. Short red hair, kind green eyes, freckled cheeks, tall sleek build. "Enough about me. What about you introduce yourself?"

Straightening himself out, surely to offer a good first impression, the redhead nodded. "My name's Wally West. I was raised to be just like the Kid Flash under that name. Same love for science, same love for food and," a wink, sent your way, "same good looks."

Merely rolling your eyes at the flirtatious gesture, you questioned, "Wally West... Wasn't that the main character in a series or something?"

Bart, bumping into the conversation, quickly confirmed, "Yeah, it was a show aired by the Speedsters Incorporation to support the Kid Flash's release."

You let out a thoughtful hum at this before nodding. Afterwards, raising a brow at Wally, you tried a different approach. "I guess that what I really meant to say is, I'm wondering how you got caught up in a dumpster in such a horrible state."

Now seeming slightly uncomfortable, the redhead averted his gaze, running a hand through his hair. "I can't tell you much but... I'm looking for a very dear friend of mine. I probably pushed myself too much or something..."

"A friend?" Intently queried Bart, clearly intrigued.

"Yeah. He was human, and supposedly my master, but he didn't act like he was. Actually," a nostalgic smile, "we were best buds. I was left behind when his family had to go into hiding... I've been searching for him ever since."

Bart and you exchanged a look. So Wally had gotten caught up in a friendship much like yours...

Approaching the older program, you gave him a soft, sympathetic look. "That's really nice of you, Wally. I really hope you find your friend one day. But, for now... You're in no state to set out again." Gesturing to his stitched injuries, you suggested, "Why don't you stay here for a while? You can try to track your friend with my computer, if you want."

"And I'll show you around the city and bring you to the best food stops!" Eagerly exclaimed Bart, wide grin upon his face.

At first, Wally seemed to have his doubts, but after having properly observed his wounded self... He gave in with a quiet sigh. "Okay. I'll stay. But... I'll have to get moving soon."

"We understand." You gave him a small smile. "We just want you to rest up a little. No offense, but you look terrible."

"Don't I?" A chuckle before, "I definitely can't head out looking like this! What about my amazing looks?"

"Yeah, yeah," you shrugged him off, laughing as you finally turned back toward the stove. The sound of the two speedsters starting to bicker about who deserved the most bacon brought an amused look to your face as you contained your giggles.

Good thing I listened to Bart. Wally doesn't look bad at all...