Chapter 17

Sorry for the wait, my lovelies! I felt really bad so I decided to write this up. Whoops. Lots of stuff will be happening in this chapter and beware, things will be going down rather quickly in the next chapters... Despite this, I hope you enjoy!

Chapter 17

You woke up the next morning, cozily settled beneath soft fluffy blankets. A peaceful silence ruled the room, and not a single ray of light dared peek in to disturb your beauty sleep.

Now this is what I call a perfect morning. With a blissful sigh, you lazily rolled over onto your stomach and opened an eye to glance at your clock. It was nearing lunchtime. Which meant Bart had either eaten everything in the apartment or was starving to death.

Bart...

The precious night's events drastically flooded back into your mind.

The wonderful lake. The gorgeous variety of flowers. The chilly night air. Bart's arms keeping you close and warm. Bart pulling you into the freezing water. Stargazing with Bart. ...The way your heart had raced when Bart had come up from behind and whispered as he gently tucked his jacket around you.

It had been an amazing night, to say the least. But also a confusing one...

The way he held you, and looked at you, it had changed. But so had your reactions.

His hugs were no longer perceived as a threat, you weren't trapped in them, in fact, they made you feel so warm, protected, safe. And when he'd pull away, rather than having a usual relief wash over you, a cold, empty disappointment would come and make you crave the boy's touch.

...But where was all of this coming from? Why did last night feel so... Different?

This absolute confusion got you restless within moments, and, well aware that you wouldn't be getting anymore rest with all of these questions bugging you, you reluctantly got out of your bed to get ready for a new day.

...Huh. You still wore the same clothes as yesterday. You must've been too tired to change... Which meant you still had Bart's jacket, the one you had bought for him back when you had gone shopping. Even now, you still appreciated its simple, yet masculine design. ...Bart was practically written all over it.

And it smelled like him too.

Smiling softly as an image of the handsome male filled your mind, you absently dug through your clothes, although that ended up being pretty useless since you ultimately pulled on a pair of gray joggings and an oversized Batman shirt that you picked off your floor. You pulled Bart's jacket over it all, reminding yourself to give it back to him.

Barefoot, your hair in a mess, you made your way over to the kitchen and got to work right away, picking the proper ingredients needed to make pancakes out of the fridge. Including some maple syrup. Real, Canadian maple syrup.

Humming your favourite song, you swiftly prepared enough batter for both the speedsters and you. You barely noticed a certain boy enter the place until he casually wrapped his arms around your waist from behind.

Taken by surprise, you jolted at first, but thoroughly relaxed when, looking back, you recognized the very person that was the subject of your thoughts.

"Good morning Bart," you greeted as you gave him a sleepy smile. You were quick to notice that he didn't seem much more awake than you. Had he been sleeping?

Giving you a drowsy grin of his own, he murmured, "Hey (Y/N)." Resting his chin upon your shoulder, he observed your work. "Whatcha makin'?"

This sudden intimacy, and how comfortable you were with it, confused you slightly, but you shrugged it off. It's not like you were complaining. "Pancakes."